Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Impounded in Manorville

Impounded in Manorville

Public Safety busted us Sunday, anybody know what this is going to cost? The cop said it was $750.00 to get my banshee out of impound.
    Anybody else nailed this weekend?

Is this manorville LI?
    DAN
    2000 Honda 300EX- mine
    2005 Honda Recon Daughter-15
    2002 ETON lighting 50, son-10
    NHATV club
    NDVATV

Im in Staten Island NY, and its a $500 fine for impoundment, but the kicker is you must show proof of insurance, and registration in order to get it from the impound yard.

Yea, LI and I dont have either.

Did you get it back yet?

I tell the guys I ride with to keep them insured and registered as it is cheap and may allow us to walk if something goes sour.
    07 Yamaha Big Bear 400
    05 Polaris Predator TLD
    03 Custom Rigid Springer Chopper
    01 HD Screamin' Eagle Road Glide,
    00 Suzuki GSX 1300R Turbo Hayabusa (sold this summer)
    00 TC88 Softail
    http://www.motorcycleturntabledisplay.com

i hate to say it like this, but if your riding on long island, ESPECIALLY in manorville, you CANNOT stop for cops.....its tough when you have a truck parked but even then, you have to strategically park knowing that a chase is possible....#1 reason why i only ride from my garage now....if a cop wants to bust me and my boys, we are going to make them work for it because i've heard the impound story one too many times...i used to ride out off exit 56 by the hotel. if you've ever been there you know how everyone parks RIGHT next to the pit in the industrial park. i was the only one to park wayyy off in the corner as far away from the pit as possible. sure enough, sting operation comes in and blocks off the pit and gets everyone sitting in the parking lot....except me. it sucks that it happened to you and its crazy that this junk is still going on like it us, but you just have to be prepared for this stuff.

im not positive on exact cost but people have told me it gets to be over $1,000 once they start adding in all of the tickets that you will be receiving.(and trust me, they will nail you for whatever they can)

Being a parent and a former fireman: I would never recommend to run.

But as a consumer and a hater of BS laws, I would run myself.

I am soo sorry that you guys have to pay a 1000.00 for a fine for doing something like riding a atv.

Yes there are laws and I understand them, but I am sure that you can get busted smoking crack and get a much lower fine.

I dont recommend smoking crack either.

I continue to support local clubs that lobby for ability to ride and I recommend that every one of you guys do the same..

It sounds like you guys need a place that is legal to ride. If the state allows the sale of an atv and charges a sales tax. Collects fees for the registration of atvs then it is that states duty to create a place to use such product.
    2008 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS: JD Jetting * Pit Posse KTM Shifter * ALBA Racing Anti Vibe Bar Mounts w/ Pro Taper ATV High Bars, Spider Grips * PRM Skids * REM Grab Bar * K&N * HMF Sport Exhaust * AC Pro Pegs and Bumper * Cycra Pro Bend Guards * Custom DWT Beadlocks and Maxxis Tires

2001 Polaris Scrambler 500 4wd
    Fully Modded by HPD,Team GNCC Clutch, Kenda Knarly's on ITP Bajas, Supertrapp Race Core Exhaust System

2004.5 Sportsman 600 ITP Mudlights on Maxxis Wheels

Originally posted by willb
    Being a parent and a former fireman: I would never recommend to run.

But as a consumer and a hater of BS laws, I would run myself.

I am soo sorry that you guys have to pay a 1000.00 for a fine for doing something like riding a atv.

Yes there are laws and I understand them, but I am sure that you can get busted smoking crack and get a much lower fine.

I dont recommend smoking crack either.

I continue to support local clubs that lobby for ability to ride and I recommend that every one of you guys do the same..

It sounds like you guys need a place that is legal to ride. If the state allows the sale of an atv and charges a sales tax. Collects fees for the registration of atvs then it is that states duty to create a place to use such product.
    yea man it got REAL crazy here on long island....suffolk county PD has been known to land choppers in the sandpits, have 5-10 flatbed trucks waiting at the entrance, and impound 40-50 bikes at a time...you could drive along our main highway on a given weekend and it wouldnt be unusual to see a caravan of flatbed police trucks loaded to the brim with quads heading down to the impound yard, each quad totalling easily over 1,000 worth of fees/tickets. JUST for riding in a sand pit.

thats why if you were to go check out some of the main known spots that were once packed with 100 riders on a nice weeked a few years ago, they are now overgrown ghost towns. people just gave up....we had clubs, we spent damn near a decade of work with the county/govt. to get something but still nothing. i think most people just lost all hope and either 1. sold out or 2.kept riding and risked it. i myself sold my 450r and got a street legal dual sport.

all i know is when i see a cop, im headed the opposite way and im wfo, no looking back....its not that i like to break the law or play with enforcement, its just not worth it anymore, even if they werent intending to impound, the chance is too great.

all of that being said, we STILL ride every weekend

im lucky though, i can ride from my driveway and get to a fantastic riding area that only a very small amount of people know about. no more well known l.i. riding spots for me
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally posted by willb
    Good point.

This is why club involvement on some level is beneficial to all.
    07 Yamaha Big Bear 400
    05 Polaris Predator TLD
    03 Custom Rigid Springer Chopper
    01 HD Screamin' Eagle Road Glide,
    00 Suzuki GSX 1300R Turbo Hayabusa (sold this summer)
    00 TC88 Softail
    http://www.motorcycleturntabledisplay.com

I used to live on LI, never had a quad until I moved up to NH.

Any way, a friend from LI just called, me he tells me there is a legal place to ride in Medford on Horse block rd, Im curios about that, can any one confirm that, I still go down for visits, maybe Id bring it down some time and ride with him.
    DAN
    2000 Honda 300EX- mine
    2005 Honda Recon Daughter-15
    2002 ETON lighting 50, son-10
    NHATV club
    NDVATV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast