Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White bro's E, HMF, FMF...which one do you recommend

White bro's E, HMF, FMF...which one do you recommend

hey guys. im wondering if the experienced can help me out here. i Am about to buy a slip on exhaust. and i Am thinking of the 3 i listed. white bros E, FMF power core 4, HMF ''i don't know what series to go with'' my guess is the sport....

now i really dont care about noise. i just want straight up performance. as long as it does not sound like a raspy honda civic. hehe. deep throughty tone would be nice.

as for the head pipe ''or header'' i have been reading up on doing the stock header mod. grinding the welds down. i found this while trying to find a muffler to pick from and while that thread is almost 3 years old i figured i would ask about it. is it worth it or do you feel its not worth it and if that is the case whats the best head pipe to go with.

as for other power mods i have ''but not installed yet'' AMR stage 3 cdi/rev box, uni and k&n filter ''i don't know which to use'', CFM aluminum air box kit, and i need to pick up a jet kit.

one other question. what is a SPARK ARRESTOR???? i dont get it. lol im sorry

as you can see im very new to this stuff. so i apologize for anything stupid or beaten i have asked. . but i do have a 700+HP evo8. haha i want to go fast now in the woods and not on the streets.

pro circuit t-4 for me, with the headers ground down. it is a great combo. lol. throw one more into the mix for you. alot of people will go with the hmf. not so many for the white bros e series since it is getting harder to find and is not made anymore. the fmfs are pretty good too but can get on teh loud side which is never good. you should def consider sound no matter where you are at. the fmf q should be at the top of everyones list now for helping with our riding areas and such. steve
    2019 Maverick X3 XDS Turbo R
    2003 TRX 400EX
    2016 HONDA RANCHER

thank you sir. i added the White Bro's E because i found a few old threads that people liked them and upon research i found a few used ones.

im sure there is better now though. i will look into the T-4 you mentioned

anyone else?

before i sold my 06 400ex i had a LRD slip on it was not to loud yet not to quiet it had good throttle response and some snappy power IMO i race xc so it was good because it helped performance yet wasnt to loud to where i cant hear other people like my full HMF is on 450r i like the sound of HMF but LRD is just a tick quieter

Not meaning to thread jack, just have a simple question. What are the benefits of grinding down the head pipe? Also, which part is ground down?
    '05 TRX400EX:
    |White Bros. E-Series Exhaust|Sparks +6° Key|42mm Keihin Carb: 165 Main, 52 Pilot|ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit|TAG T2 Bars|MSR AOF Clutch Perch & Lever|Burgard +2 A-Arms|G-Force Extended Hubs|KFX 450R Shocks|IMS-Roll Classic Bumper|AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs|ITP Holeshot H-Ds|Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles|

Originally posted by bkelley
    Not meaning to thread jack, just have a simple question. What are the benefits of grinding down the head pipe? Also, which part is ground down?
    here is the link i was reading on the head pipe

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthre...ht=best+header

Right on, thanks.
    '05 TRX400EX:
    |White Bros. E-Series Exhaust|Sparks +6° Key|42mm Keihin Carb: 165 Main, 52 Pilot|ESR Airbox Eliminator Kit|TAG T2 Bars|MSR AOF Clutch Perch & Lever|Burgard +2 A-Arms|G-Force Extended Hubs|KFX 450R Shocks|IMS-Roll Classic Bumper|AC Racing Blackline Pro-Peg Nerfs|ITP Holeshot H-Ds|Skat~Trak Extreme Paddles|

I'll be going with the HMF Ballance pro series myself, not sure if full HMF or FMF Powerbomb header and slip on HMF.

A spark arrestor is a metal screen that literally stops or "arrests" sparks before they can exit the can. Some riding areas require them (i.e. forests), others don't. Be sure to check your riding areas BEFORE riding to know whether it's required or not. Factory exhausts have them installed, aftermarket often have removable pieces like my HMF on my Rubicon.

Originally posted by RCWells
    I'll be going with the HMF Ballance pro series myself, not sure if full HMF or FMF Powerbomb header and slip on HMF.

A spark arrestor is a metal screen that literally stops or "arrests" sparks before they can exit the can. Some riding areas require them (i.e. forests), others don't. Be sure to check your riding areas BEFORE riding to know whether it's required or not. Factory exhausts have them installed, aftermarket often have removable pieces like my HMF on my Rubicon.

Thats a good point on the spark arrestor. I think that ticket is a pretty high one.
    Slightly Bent Racing # 47
    400ex with some stuff
    You shouldn't be concentrating on how fast your bike is.
    You should be concentrating on how well you can ride it.
    Never ride over your skill level and Never ride over the abilities of your machine.

Originally posted by RCWells

HMF makes so many different mufflers. which one is geared toward all power?

and your saying to mate this with a FMF head pipe? FMF makes a good head pipe? is there muffler slacking??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast