Thread: first crash on a quad

first crash on a quad

i was riding at my friends farm. we have a trail all the way around half woods and half corn fields. i was 4th gear pinned and my front tire hit the corn and i went flying. i went 3 rows deep and about 50 feet long. i woke up with the quad on top of me. my back is jacked up but i will live. i just have some really sore ribs. the only thing that happened to the 400 was some trashed bars. what would you guys recommend for a 6'5" rider for bar set up. i have been riding dirtbikes for 20 years and have crashed many time. but this one is on top of the list. quads will really get you.

im glad your alright.
    if your stem is bent, go ahead and replace it and get a +2 stem. being 6'5" you definatly need it. as for bars, get whatevers comfortable for you.. whats comfortable to me, may be the worst bar in the world for you. picking bars is like trial and error.
    Chris
    2007 406ex, Elka/HDusa/Moose/LSR

i know how that feels, i was going like 45mph down the road in the winter time, it looked like the ditch was flat across i hit it left front wheel first and i flew just like you, did you watch the ground as you were flying? i did!!!
    2005 400ex, DMC duel exhaust,
    filter

Will prob most def want a taller bar or at least if its not bent might be cheaper to get +2 mounts and taller bars.

Im 6'1" and I think stock is about normal but you have 4" on me +2 with stock bars would prob be fine and would fit better.
    2008 TRX400EX

Some go fast parts and look cool stuff added.

If you 6'5" i would get the +2 stem and some quad bend bars because they kick up higher.
    05' fan cooled 416ex, zrpilot's motor, GT Thunder 10.8:1 piston, GT Thunder HD headstuds, HD cam chain, HRC cam, GT Thunder 8 plate clutch, GT Thunder XC Port & Polish, GT Thunder XC CDI, terry cable throttle, 450r carb(48 pilot, needle 3rd from the top 178 main), white brothers e series pro-meg muffler, white brothers header,UNI, aluminum air box no lid, galfer ss brakes lines, houser +2 arms, TCS dual rate shocks with rezzies, lonstar +2 swingarm and +4 axle, LSR billet sprocket hub, tag fat bars, maier race plastics, kenda knarly mxr 18s kenda klaw mxf 20x6, spal 4" puller fan, 14/36 gearing and ..... Dual rate Axis rear shock, AMR monster coil, roll design +2 steering stem

06' CC F-250 Diesel FX4 6" lift 20x12 welds 35x13.50 mickey thompson's 4" TB exhaust no cat 2 jl 10"

no i didnt see the ground at all. it happened so fast. i just remember going slow next to the fence and when the trail opened up a bit i cracked it. i hit a small kicker and the next thing the 400 was on top of me and i was hurting. the stem is straight. so i just think that i will need a set of risers. powermaxx sells a set in denniskirk that dont seem to bad. they adapt it from 7/8 to 1 1/8 and you can move them forward if you want.

powermadd ones look ok , rox risers makes some pretty nice ones too
    '05 Polaris Predator 500 - HPD 558, hotcams, 40mm FCR, Rath Intake, Elka Elites, JD Adjustable uppers, et¢ et¢ et¢...$$$
    '03 Honda 400ex - uni filter and white brothers slip-on, timing key, ccp stabilizer...etc my backup buddy bike)

im 6'6" and have the Pro-Taper SE ATV high bend bars they were the tallest bars i could find at the time

i like them alot have been through a few crashes and held up fine but to thedown side if ur bars are that strong ur gonna bend something more expensive like the steering stem but i love them
    Quadless

03 400ex-sold