Thread: 450R Carb owners/users

450R Carb owners/users

hey well i recently traded my 440ex for a 2004 crf450 piped.......it was a great deal it rips soo nice and is a fresh rebuild but i noticed one this about the carb and also found this artical on a nifty little tweak not sure if it works on the trx450r carb but i know it works on the crf carb

As I'm on the never ending quest for ultimate performance, I was again messing with my bike and doing some contemplating as I looked at my AP linkage on my carb. As I messed with things to figure out how I could improve it's already stellar performance, I came across it. I was jacking with the AP "link lever" and realized that if the throttle was snapped very quickly, the spring pressure from the linkage was not enough to keep the "link lever" tight against the AP timing screw. The pressure from the AP circuit would momentarily overcome the linkage spring pressure, causing a lag in the AP squirt. I quickly realized that if I somehow connected the "link lever" to the AP timing screw, it would overcome this problem. After some thought, the best thing I could come up with was safety wire. I wrapped some safety wire around the "link lever" and the AP timing screw tab and "Voila", twas done. I reassembled the bike and tested it out and YIKES!!!, this thing hits instantaneously! The difference was more than notable. It is a little more involved than simply wiring things up, so my friend Chills put together a nice How-to" with pictures and everything...

So here it is....

Right-Click Save As:

http://www.squadpage.com/pandora/Pro...20AP%20Mod.pdf

Enjoy!!
    2004 CRF450R
    FMF powercore 4
    UFO plastics(Black)

01 400ex (TRADED FOR 04 CRF450R)
    440 kit 11/1 comp
    stage 2 hotcam
    +2 1 up asr a arms
    +4 rpm axle
    +3.5 g force hubs
    billet 450r bearing carrier
    dg xxcelerator full system
    armadillo off road skid plates
    pro armor nerf bars
    itp pro 9 series/holeshots hds
    450r front shocks

Isn't that going to throw your jetting off. Won't you always be running rich or do I not know what I'm talking about.
    2000 400ex 11:1 Wiseco,stage 2 Hotcam, WB R4 full exhaust,WB rev box, K&N/OW, 450r carb, no lid, +2 a-arms,Works shocks,GForce axle,chrome stem,fat bars,250r hood, brake blockoff, ASV clutch lever, race cut fender.

2003 Cr250 White plastics, V Force 3 reed cage.

well so iv read (cause i never did this mod) is that all it will do is remove any bog from lack of pressure from the AP and the leak jets........the reason i never did this is because iv heard it will stretch the diaphram on the AP

ps anyone heard of this mod good vs bad idea
    2004 CRF450R
    FMF powercore 4
    UFO plastics(Black)

01 400ex (TRADED FOR 04 CRF450R)
    440 kit 11/1 comp
    stage 2 hotcam
    +2 1 up asr a arms
    +4 rpm axle
    +3.5 g force hubs
    billet 450r bearing carrier
    dg xxcelerator full system
    armadillo off road skid plates
    pro armor nerf bars
    itp pro 9 series/holeshots hds
    450r front shocks

Good idea. Every crf450 i have ever seen really gets wakened up by doing the ap mod.
    Its for sale pm for more info
    2002 440ex
    JE 12-1 piston
    Oversize valves
    Hd Clutch springs
    Hot cams stage 2
    HMF slip on
    Houser +2 a arms
    Durablue +4 axle
    Burgaurd +1 Stem
    450r Front shocks
    Pro Armor bumper