Thread: Any major promblems with the SX

Any major promblems with the SX

hey guys maybe buying a 505SX. I was just wonting if any one has had any major issues with the bike and if so how has ktm been about taking care of problems thanks

Very solid quad you will not be dissappointed. Great motor, great frame, great tranny/clutch. The thing is truely built for racing youll be more than happy with it. And yes KTM takes care of its customers unlike the other brands. Check out www.KTMATVHQ.com for more info. You'll get a better response there.

Re: Any major promblems with the SX

Originally posted by staakej
    Any major promblems with the SX
    No.

HARD on your wallet to fix them with OEM parts. but very solid quads.

Originally posted by Roostar 450
    HARD on your wallet to fix them with OEM parts. but very solid quads.
    looks like you get what you pay for tho

Quads are very very solid! Like said, they can be a bit more expensive to fix oem but they are very solid and you wont have to make it to the dealer very often! Also makes unreal hp once uncorked and piped...

when my buddys crank let go (xc )( 2nd year of racing) i guess close to 3-5 grand for everything not sure if thats whats normal. his rear brake caliper caught fire and the rear brake line would be $275 and his caliper was gonna be close to 900..but i guess if they are supposed to more bullet proof i guess you get what you pay for. the only problem he has had with xc is the swingarm bushings wea and are a pain in arse to replace. he said the fact that the axle bearings are tapered are damn near bullett proof
    Retired ATV MXer turned wheelchair racer T-53 classification. Canadas first paraplegic to race motocross
    Twitter: @BenBrown191
    Facebook Fan Page: Ben Brown
    Sponsors: Challenged Athletes Foundation, Frasers Pro Home Center, Fundy Xpress Transport, MacDondald Chisolm Trask Insurance, Kentville Mazda,Northridge Farms/Plant It Earth Natural Lawn Care, Somerset Market, SUpplement King New Minas, Valley and Mirror and Winning Edge Sports