Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ok, got a new Z400 and have a small prob.

Originally posted by 400ex_rider13
    The chain is the same right? The drz chain part # changes to the ltz.
    No, you want a D.I.D cam chain, I dont have the stock # handy,but if you google search LTZ 400 CAM CHAIN,you should get a #. I currently run a PROX cam chain that you can get from RMATV. Just make sure if you change out that cam chain, you install a manual cam chain tensioner. Oh, but to answer your original question, yea, the DRZ and LTZ cam chain are the same.
    OXC #247
    2011: Scott Optics, Hinson Racing, HRP Sports, DeRisi Racing, Houser Racing, HiPer , Rath Racing, MSR........................

HAULIN DONKEY RACING !!!

Advantage cycle sells the kit with a new DID chain. The ltz is a 2/3 chain vs. the drz 3/4 chain. It is much stronger than the ltz. It has the stronger dual rate valve springs which will allow you to run a bigger rev box(cdi) with out much worry. Also it uses the drz 1 ply base gasket which bumps up the compression ratio about a 1/2 point. Believe it or not you will notice the difference. Get a lighter JE piston at the stock bore to throw in and it will rev faster. Later on down the road if you have to tear it down get a DRZ flywheel it is lighter than the LTZ's and will give you even faster revs. Definately get a full exhaust. Then rejet or even better get an FCR39 from a YFZ450 and open up the intake and then you'll have a very reliable bike to contend with just about any type of riding you want to do. Dont just take my word for it check out cataways bikes. Or jump over to suzuki central and see what others have.
    2004 KFX400,Yoshi 450 bbk, drze kit, drz flywheel, CWR pro-cams, Crasko P&P, custom Yosh header with FMF PC4, FCR39, ESR intake, Leager A arms, GTT modded 450r shocks, GTT rear link, Tag stem & bars, LSR axle, YFZ450 front calipers

2000 Lakota 300, DG excellerator,400ex carb,JB custom intake,Crasko P&P head CWR 335 kit and 390 cam, 400ex rear hubs, kfx400 front suspension, JB custom rear swinger.

Sponsors- JBcustoms, 6th Pinned Motorsports, Crasko Performance.

today i was out riding and when i went to put it a way i checked the oil and it overflowed it smells like gas what would that be

I checked out the head this afternoon and everything was good. Have it all assembled, just waiting on a thermostat.

I've decided to just fix the thing and sell it. Don't have a good feeling with this machine.

Thanks for the advice guys.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12