Thread: Flywheel removal

Unhappy Flywheel removal

Does anyone have any tips to get the flywheel off with out flywheel remover and flywheel holder help

sorry there is no other safe way to do it ----play it safe order a remover of ebay for bout $20 or less ----you don't want to mess anything up----
    416-12.1 je pistion .-head port and polished (trinty racing)- +2 multiangle vavle job oversized valves (trinty racing) - lightend and balanced crank- stage 2 magnum cam--full lrd exhaust-rev box- uni filter--- 39mm sparks carb----
    ((((((((((((450 killer))))))))))))))))

I guess so i thought maybe someone new some tricks ol well looks like ill have to get it thanks thou

Get a metric bolt like that of the sparks key. Talk to wheelie he might be able to get you one or tell you what he puts with his key's and it would cost you like $4 at the most.
    2008 TRX400EX

Some go fast parts and look cool stuff added.

You dont need a flywheel holder. I got the puller locally for $14.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

Ya get the puller, it pops it right off. All it is really just a bolt. Also grease the threads real good some people had the cheap motion pro strip out on them......
    02 400ex fan cooled
    11:1 85MM Wiseco piston
    stg 2 hotcam
    port and polished head, intake
    Kibblewhite springs
    450r timing chain
    450r carb 180 main yfz cable
    Sparks advance key
    lightweight flywheel
    Hetrick header custom exhaust
    K&N filter w/outerwear precharger
    Pro-flo stainless steel oil filter
    spark plug resistor mod
    450r front shocks yfz450 springs
    yfz450 brake pads
    steel braided brake lines frt & rr
    450r bumper
    Pro design shifter
    Hinson rear brake lever
    drilled airbox snorkle removed
    Moose ebrake plate
    Renthal bars
    Moose levers

yea i ended up just ordering sparks +6 timing key and it comes with the flywheel puller instead of just getting the puller
    Thanks 4 the help everybody

jjtrm just wondering how that +6 worked out for you.
    '03 400ex, '87 cbr 600 hurricane

Havent tried it yet i gotta get the cylinder resleeved and honed i should have it put together in next couple weeks