Thread: sportsman 500 no spark

sportsman 500 no spark

I have a sportsman 500 and the negative battery terminal was loose and now it doesn't start. There is no spark getting to the spark plug and the wire going to the spark plug isnt getting any spark either. Anything would be helpful.

No Spark Soulution

I had this on a machine twice the way the wires are run if a wire gets broke you wont get spark. I found the wire to the tailight was broke and that was the problem i spent weeks before i found it. Start following all wires that are power wires you will find one broke somewhere i bet. Try and find the wiring schematics on line or buy them it will help you a lot and save alot of time. Then just follow all the power wires good luck. Let me know when you find the wire which one it was if you dont mind. I am in the army and i work on the polaris alot in iraq so i have learned alot over time. Check most common places like to lights and any wires that run down by the frame those are where i have found the 2 that i have done.

Good luck finding i hope this helps

there is no power coming out of the cdi box. if a wire is broken will it stop all power? it turns over it just doesn't start. I havn't been able to find a wiring schimatic. if you have any idea where i could get one that would be great.

It will still turn if a wire is bad but you wont get power from your CDI. Did you try to go to the dealer and get a diagram. Sorry i cant help you more but it sounds just like a broken wire. Check and see if you have power at all your lights if you dont start from there and follow that wire you will find the broken one that way easier.

Let me know if i can help more.

David