Thread: Jetting Question

Jetting Question

First off, I am horrible with jetting, and I dont even know where to start at.

I have a 1985 LT250r that is freshly bored .060 over, weisco piston, fmf pipe and silencer, and k&n filter with no airbox.

Its summer here, so temps are 80-90, and my elevation is 600 feet.

What should my main pilot and needle be at? as i said i am horrible with jetting so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    1985 LT250r bored .060 over, weisco piston, FMF Pipe and silencer, Maier Plastic, Razr 2 Tires, K&N.

What jets do you have in it now and what is the plug like after regular riding and after a plug chop?

Before the triple digit temperatures set in I had a 30 pilot and 230 main at 2 3/4 turns out on the air screw and my plug was dialed in brown.

I dont know yet, i Just got it bored out and I am picking my cylinder up tomorrow. Im actually not sure what I have in there now to be honest, but i will check. I went from .020 over to .060 over, so I know it will need more fuel.

Is yours standard bore or overbore?
    1985 LT250r bored .060 over, weisco piston, FMF Pipe and silencer, Maier Plastic, Razr 2 Tires, K&N.

This is your main jet correct?

If so, the number on it is 327. Does that seem right?

oops forgot pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

nevermind, this is the jet. Sorry, im so bad when it comes to carbs lol. I have a 210 in there now, is that good or bad? Before i bored it out and blew my piston my plugs were always black, so maybe this will lean it out just right.

EDIT: My Pilot jet is a 45.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Originally posted by 03pete
    oops forgot pic.
    Why did you pull that out of your carb? But yes the second picture is your main jet.

I have an 89 lt250r carb and the pilot circuit is set up a little bit differently(I've seen both, I used to run a 86 carb) so that's why my pilot is different, I'm also running a open k&n so my main jet will need to be richer.

Guys seem to run a 45 pilot and between a 210-230 on the 86 carbs so it sounds like you're pretty close, I bet just some adjustment on your air screw will dial it in perfectly as long as your needle is set right.

Originally posted by weld_13
    Why did you pull that out of your carb? But yes the second picture is your main jet.

I have an 89 lt250r carb and the pilot circuit is set up a little bit differently(I've seen both, I used to run a 86 carb) so that's why my pilot is different, I'm also running a open k&n so my main jet will need to be richer.

Guys seem to run a 45 pilot and between a 210-230 on the 86 carbs so it sounds like you're pretty close, I bet just some adjustment on your air screw will dial it in perfectly as long as your needle is set right.
    I honestly, have no clue where the needle is to move it?

The needle that is on the bottom side of your carb slide, I would leave it for now, it's probly fine since it sounds like the previous owner already had it jetted correctly.