Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 700XX questions before buying

700XX questions before buying

Perhaps you guys can help,I have several atv's and out the group the only sport quad is a 400ex.I'm looking for more power as well as ground clearence which the 700 has.My biggest concern is I'm a trail rider 75% of the time,mostly riding with utility models and the other 25% I playing in the sand hills,most of the trails we ride are slow going most of the time with extended periods of going below 25 mph in groups of 20 atv's or more.I considered the 450r but what I gather it is a race quad that does not like slow speeds unlike the 400ex but I'm not sure about the 700XX
    02 Kawasaki 650 -Highlifter module ITP Mudlites HMF/Jetted K&N, 02 Sportsman X 500 HO- lift kit ITP 28" Outlaws K&N, 96 Honda 300 4wd,07 400EX stock for now,93 Yamaha XT350. 06 Eton Viper 90- reeds clutch kit. 79 Camaro -my old drag car in restoration

The 700 doesn't like very slow speeds either. But a simple $20 13 tooth front sprocket and about 20 minutes and you will have it changed out. I bought mine in April and have not looked back in regret. It is IMO THE best ATV for the rider that spends most of their time in technical, rutted and or slower trails. But wants the most power and ground clearance of any sport quad. It is a very awesome machine that you will enjoy thoroughly.
    2008 400EX Red/Black
    Full Yoshimura RS3 Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Sparks Timing Advance Key,Uni Filter, Jetted @152mj-42pj, Choke removed, 13 tooth front sprocket,
    Moose Racing Skid Plates
    426 build has started!!

2008 Honda 700xx Yoshimura RS2, PCIII w/Bo White custom map, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, 13 Tooth Front Sprocket, Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), PRM A-Arm Skids, Pro Armor Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR front/rear, And Much MUCH More To Come...
    Skilled riders only need ground clearance to go anywhere, not 4 wheel drive

2008 Yamaha Wolverine 450 (girl friends ride)
    2010 BMW 135 coupe Monaco Blue/Gray
    1997 Toyota Supra TT
    A few bolts on's and 1,036hp

How would you compare it to your EX,is it just as well balanced.Thx,Charles
    02 Kawasaki 650 -Highlifter module ITP Mudlites HMF/Jetted K&N, 02 Sportsman X 500 HO- lift kit ITP 28" Outlaws K&N, 96 Honda 300 4wd,07 400EX stock for now,93 Yamaha XT350. 06 Eton Viper 90- reeds clutch kit. 79 Camaro -my old drag car in restoration

The EX is a little bit more nimble mainly because of the near 100lb weight difference. But don't let the weight fool you because this thing is a beast. After a little bit of seat time I can out run any 400 in the trails. Given the opportunity to pass, with the massive power over a 400, it happens extremely fast. You can handle the xx exactly like a SRA machine once you get the hang of it. I can swing the tail end out and drift whenever I want with just a flick of the throttle. I have since sold my 400 because I NEVER used it after taking the 700xx home. Trust me, it's that good
    2008 400EX Red/Black
    Full Yoshimura RS3 Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Sparks Timing Advance Key,Uni Filter, Jetted @152mj-42pj, Choke removed, 13 tooth front sprocket,
    Moose Racing Skid Plates
    426 build has started!!

2008 Honda 700xx Yoshimura RS2, PCIII w/Bo White custom map, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, 13 Tooth Front Sprocket, Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), PRM A-Arm Skids, Pro Armor Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR front/rear, And Much MUCH More To Come...

1997 Toyota Supra TT

"Skilled riders only need ground clearance to go anywhere, not 4 wheel drive"

Hey sprayedgt I like your style. That is awesome!

Thanks You'd be surprised how many people get pi$$ed when they read that. But it is what it is.
    2008 400EX Red/Black
    Moose Racing Skid Plates
    426 build has started!!

1997 Toyota Supra TT

I totally agree. I ride in the snow alot and the guys on 4x4s can't go half the places I can go. They even get stuck more then I do and the best part is they have to use a winch where I can jump off lift my quad out and back on. I am normally the guy blazing the trail too. It is awesome.

X2 on what sprayed GT said.

So which would you guys say is better the Outlaw or the XX. I would think that the honda motor would be very dependable. I like my KTM but the fact that Polaris put it together has left a bad taste in my mouth. It is still fun to ride. I just wish I had the money to do it up all nice .

I don't have any personal experience with the 525. I have a buddy with a KTM 525XC and his son has a Polaris 525S. On the KTM he's had all kinds of problems with bolts falling off the motor, specifically the head bolts just coming out. He's also replaced ball joints and tie rods more than once. (in the KTM's defense though, he's REALLY hard on quads)

On his son's 525 he hasn't had the same issues at all (that I'm aware of).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast