Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: radiator hose info.

Hybrid View

radiator hose info.

can someone give me more infoo on those clear hoses they are getting from home depot/lowes? cost?

what is the length?

what bikes have you used them on?

will it work with my 250r?
    If you can't modify it why have it???

no one???

id like to know also they got to take a decent amount of temperature to work
    87 344cc By Hybrid Engineering
    87 344cc Redone By Hybrid Engineering
    89 443cc Puma By Hybrid Engineering

The real Power is when the gas is mixed with oil

Originally posted by Motofool250r
    id like to know also they got to take a decent amount of temperature to work
    i heard they are temperature rated, but it would be helpful to know how they work in our application.

that makes 3 of us then, Ive been trying to figure out the same things.

I have them on my 265. Every hose is the clear braided vinyl from Lowe's, in 3/4" size. They work just fine. Two desert trips, and MULTIPLE times I have seen the inline temp gauge at 250 (pegged) when I was learning how to jet it. One time I grabbed the hoses with my gloves at 250 and tried to tweak them, they held just fine. They do get softer, but they do not destruct.

They tend to lightly tint toward the coolant you are using. I was using Red Line, so the hoses tinted pink. I switched to Engine Ice because the Red Line is not antifreeze, so now I am going to spend another $10 and get new hoses so they will tint blue properly.

Really I have to get new hoses anyway because of the new Afco radiator... No reason to pay a bunch of money, these hoses work great!
    1995 Titled Laeger Narrow Pro-Trax w/ 1991 CR5000 Linkage / All Stainless Hardware / Custom Axis Shocks / LSR Axle / Baldwin Anti-Fade / 265CC Mildly Ported National / Port Matched V-Force3 Reed Cage / 39mm PWK / No-Toil Air Filter / Custom Filter Bracket / ESR CR250 Ignition / Sparks MX Pipe / ESR Silencer / IMS 4G Tank Line-X'd / AC Bumper, Grab Bar, Pro-Peg Nerfs, Skidplate / Tag Metals Clamp / T2 Cannondale Bend Bars (Sandblasted) / TRX450R Front Brake Master / ODI Lock On Grips / 300EX Throttle

got any pics deatons?

i love the price too good to be true.

what are the lengths?

just guessing here but i think its priced by the foot max 5$ a foot maybe? usually like 1$ a foot

1995 Titled Laeger Narrow Pro-Trax w/ 1991 CR5000 Linkage / All Stainless Hardware / Custom Axis Shocks / LSR Axle / Baldwin Anti-Fade / 265CC Mildly Ported National / Port Matched V-Force3 Reed Cage / 39mm PWK / No-Toil Air Filter / Custom Filter Bracket / ESR CR250 Ignition / Sparks MX Pipe / ESR Silencer / IMS 4G Tank Line-X'd / AC Bumper, Grab Bar, Pro-Peg Nerfs, Skidplate / Tag Metals Clamp / T2 Cannondale Bend Bars (Sandblasted) / TRX450R Front Brake Master / ODI Lock On Grips / 300EX Throttle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast