Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: radiator hose info.

I got the idea from a magazine years ago. Kawasaki's Team Green was using these in World Superbike, with green antifreeze running through them.

Somewhere around $2-$3 per foot. That left me enough money to buy some nice rolled stainless steel hose clamps (the non-marring type).

A trick with these is to tighten them down, add the coolant, then warm the quad up and tighten them again while the hoses are soft, this way you can be sure they are tight enough.

James
    1995 Titled Laeger Narrow Pro-Trax w/ 1991 CR5000 Linkage / All Stainless Hardware / Custom Axis Shocks / LSR Axle / Baldwin Anti-Fade / 265CC Mildly Ported National / Port Matched V-Force3 Reed Cage / 39mm PWK / No-Toil Air Filter / Custom Filter Bracket / ESR CR250 Ignition / Sparks MX Pipe / ESR Silencer / IMS 4G Tank Line-X'd / AC Bumper, Grab Bar, Pro-Peg Nerfs, Skidplate / Tag Metals Clamp / T2 Cannondale Bend Bars (Sandblasted) / TRX450R Front Brake Master / ODI Lock On Grips / 300EX Throttle

deatons, beautiful bike...hoses actually look trick.

thanks.
    If you can't modify it why have it???

Thank you! You can color match them to your plastic. Red Line is reddish pink, Engine Ice is blue, standard coolant is green, Liquid Performance is orange, Evans is charcoal gray, etc....
    1995 Titled Laeger Narrow Pro-Trax w/ 1991 CR5000 Linkage / All Stainless Hardware / Custom Axis Shocks / LSR Axle / Baldwin Anti-Fade / 265CC Mildly Ported National / Port Matched V-Force3 Reed Cage / 39mm PWK / No-Toil Air Filter / Custom Filter Bracket / ESR CR250 Ignition / Sparks MX Pipe / ESR Silencer / IMS 4G Tank Line-X'd / AC Bumper, Grab Bar, Pro-Peg Nerfs, Skidplate / Tag Metals Clamp / T2 Cannondale Bend Bars (Sandblasted) / TRX450R Front Brake Master / ODI Lock On Grips / 300EX Throttle

That looks just like regular old nylon re-inforced clear hose. That is just hardware store stuff. I never would have thought that it would have held up to the temp.

But hey, if it works, then great. I just ordered some hoses for my R. Wish I had seen this thread first.
    86' 250R for me.

03' 400EX for the wife, ( and me ).

BOTH MACHINES ARE FOR SALE..

James,

Do these hold shape? I know the hose coming from the radiator back to motor comes very close to my pipe, is this an issue?

Also, what about the hose connect from the water pump to jug? The OEM and aftermarket hose have a slight bend in them to avoid touching the pipe, is there a clearance issue on this?

Thanks,
    Dan

The shape actually gets better after you initially get them warm. When I first installed mine I noticed they almost looked like they were trying to crimp, but then when heated up the molecular structure changed, and they curved with the heat.

I pulled them off to install the Afco and they stayed curved....

James

Just to clarify, these are standard garden hoses you use to water the grass?? Got a link to buy them??

Originally posted by quadbod
    Just to clarify, these are standard garden hoses you use to water the grass?? Got a link to buy them??
    thay are not garden hoses. you will find them in the plumbing section.
    If you can't modify it why have it???

I doubt anyone knows or that this member comes on here but where can I find those shock rezzy clamps?

Quote Originally Posted by zcarlson12 View Post
    I doubt anyone knows or that this member comes on here but where can I find those shock rezzy clamps?
    if im not mistaken those are just cable clampscable clamps.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12