Thread: Hey guys, need a little help..

Hey guys, need a little help..

Hey all...

Just picked up a mojave for my son this weekend. It needs a couple things, a fan, rear brake pads, maybe a new stator (the light gets awful dim at idle). But the thing really does run and ride good.

The only thing I feel there may be an issue with is it has to really rev before it gets the power up. Once it does, it is pretty stout. I dragged my other son on it who has a raptor 250 with GYTR pipe, jets, and it was pretty even.

What should I be looking for to add a little more power down low? I am thinking the pilot jet is lean, cause I added about a turn out on the mixture screw and that seemed to help a little bit. Any thoughts? It has the dynojet needle, and jets, and a pod filter on the back of the carb (i am going to build an air box). Thanks for the input.

Eric
    08 kfx 450r
    Phoenix Performance Pipe
    Fuel customs Intake
    Dyna tek FI controller

Contact Greg at www.cycleworksracing.net He is the guru for all things mojave. Or give him a call at 1-717-637-1907
    2004 KFX400,Yoshi 450 bbk, drze kit, drz flywheel, CWR pro-cams, Crasko P&P, custom Yosh header with FMF PC4, FCR39, ESR intake, Leager A arms, GTT modded 450r shocks, GTT rear link, Tag stem & bars, LSR axle, YFZ450 front calipers

2000 Lakota 300, DG excellerator,400ex carb,JB custom intake,Crasko P&P head CWR 335 kit and 390 cam, 400ex rear hubs, kfx400 front suspension, JB custom rear swinger.

Sponsors- JBcustoms, 6th Pinned Motorsports, Crasko Performance.

For more power I would get a Big Gun Evo X exhaust and get an intake tube from CWR when he has them ready. A set of .380 cams would help too, along with a 36mm Mikuni carb.
    '07 YFZ 450 Special Edition
    AC Blackline Bumper
    Sedona Slingshots
    Kenda Klaw MXF's
    G-Force Axle
    DG nerfs

J Clay #9

If you want a quick way to add power, just do a small top end rebuild. New valve seals, gaskets, clean the valvetrain good, and drop in a wiseco 11.5:1 high compression piston. I did this to mine when i bought it just so i wouldn't have to worry later. it really woke that little mojave up.
    '02 Cannondale MOTO Hybrid **in progress**