Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 08 kfx50 rev limit?

08 kfx50 rev limit?

Does anyone know of a way to bypass the rev limiter on an 08 kfx50 atv? Or where to find a new cdi?

yep
    OXC #247
    2011: Scott Optics, Hinson Racing, HRP Sports, DeRisi Racing, Houser Racing, HiPer , Rath Racing, MSR........................

HAULIN DONKEY RACING !!!

will you tell me?

You got a phone #? Or, you can look at Brice Giblers Kawasaki since your son runs IATVHSS.
    OXC #247
    2011: Scott Optics, Hinson Racing, HRP Sports, DeRisi Racing, Houser Racing, HiPer , Rath Racing, MSR........................

HAULIN DONKEY RACING !!!

Originally posted by airmobile101
    yep
    could you possibly tell me how to do this also, but with a kfx90??

Yep, its just wired different than a KFX50.
    OXC #247

HAULIN DONKEY RACING !!!

just got a dc cdi from monstergy6.com plug and play on the kfx90. i put it on my son's kfx50 but you have to change the harness wires to match the kfx90. easy to back the wires out of the harness with a very small screwdriver. it works excellent. my son's 50 is a 2008.

Originally posted by TMAN1
    just got a dc cdi from monstergy6.com plug and play on the kfx90. i put it on my son's kfx50 but you have to change the harness wires to match the kfx90. easy to back the wires out of the harness with a very small screwdriver. it works excellent. my son's 50 is a 2008.
    Yea, it has taken awhile for those dc cdi's to hit the market. Glad to see they are finally coming around.
    OXC #247

HAULIN DONKEY RACING !!!

So you guys are buying the Velocita No Rev CDI (DC) for a 50cc?

My son has a 07 KFX50 I want to start fixing up.

Does this completely remove the limiter as I didn't see were it listed what rpm it bumped it up too? Not sure I would want my 6yo being the rev limiter. LOL!

This looks like a good buy for only $50

Is there any cons to this unit?

Thanks
    07 KFX50 (Son)
    08 LTR-450 (Mine)
    09 LTZ50 (Daughter)

cdi works great. bike was at 18-19 mph now hits 23 mph. he is 5yrs old. he hanonly thing dles it well. by the time it hits that speed the next turn is coming so it hasn't been an issue. the motor seems extremely tough so the rpms don't scare me. he has probably put 20hrs of seat time on the new cdi with no problems. only thing u have to change is the wires in the harness to match the kfx90.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast