Thread: New Tires on a 2008 King Quad 450

New Tires on a 2008 King Quad 450

I've got a 2008 King Quad and I'm thinking about buying some new tires. I'd like to put on 25" BigHorns.

How heavy are they compared the stockers? I don't want to go bigger than 25 because I don't want to affect power or speed.

I'm just a little concerned that the 450 might not be able to turn them as well as a bigger bike. I know there will be a bit of a performance hit...I just don't want it to be really noticeable.

Any other guys out there with bikes in a similar size running BHs or other larger tires?

Thoughts?

i've got 25" bighorns on my wifes 05 eiger 400 with heavier ss108 wheels took some power away but make sup for that loss with traction and 6ply durability. i also have 26" horns on my 700, great tires, but i were to by tires now they make a bighorn 2.0 that has a slightly different tread pattern and more inpotatly is LIGHTER!! thats my 2 cents.

Yeah, I've gone to a local dealer that has both the original BigHorns as well as the BigHorn 2.0.

If you put them side by side, the BH2.0 are quite a bit smaller than the originals. The lugs on the originals are a lot bigger - more aggressive. I guess that's where the weight difference is.

They both have the same tread pattern though.

I wanted big horns too but went with the maxxis all traks because they are lighter
    V-Twin King Quad