Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best race quad?

best race quad?

hey guys, and gals...

what do you think is the best race quad? i dont want people that have been on a 2004 honda 450r since 04 to just say oh the trx450r all the way... i would like replys from people that know things about the quad they are running and how well it works. and some of the problems you have

i've been thinkin about have in a race quad...
    the possable quads i would run are
    the kfx450
    yfz
    and ltr..
    and the old 250r

as of right now im running a full race 250r... just thinking of all the things i can do...

also... in the 450 pro class...
    with the quads that have EFI could you take the wireing from the kxf dirt bike and put a carb on it again? ifneed be could you use the stator and all that from the bike and make the quad have a carb...
    or would that break the rules?

have there been any recalls on any of the new quads...

any thing that is known to break or fail on these quads...

thanks
    Originally posted by BakerRacing40
    bad thing is she's probably been rode harder than half the bikes in the start gate..

but you can still have fun with somethin that's a lil worn out...

RIP John Gallagher Sr

give him a blessing or two... god bless this rider and all fallin riders..
    http://www.metalmulisha.com/team/jeremy-lusk

250r... the G.O.A.T of quads...

no KFX450!!!! have a buddy who has one and hates it!! i don't like it myself either. I would say LTR or YFZ. i would stay away from the new '09 model of the YFZ let them work out the bugs first.
    2000 Honda TRX400EX ( MX Setup )
    2006 Suzuki LTR450 ( Stock )
    1986 Suzuki LT-250R ( Stock )
    2001 Kawasaki KX250 ( MX Setup )
    2004 Kawasaki KX85 ( Playin Bike )
    199? Yamaha PW80 ( Pit Bike )
    2003 Polaris Trail Boss 330
    1996 Kawasaki Bayou 220

Proud owner of more than 38 internal combustion engines!!!

Support our troops and we will support you!!! HOOAH!!!

Assist, Protect, Defend!!! Military Police!!

LTR or YFZ. If staying close to stock LTR. If you got money KTM is best.

i never thought about the ktm...

i just dont want a 450r.. i can lig my 250r more then i can my friends 450r... its a total dog... and i hate it...

i thought i would by a quad that had all the work done to it already... even if i had to rebuild the shocks it would be cheaper then buyin the new quad, then buyin shocks a-arms swinger... build the motor... so on and so on...

as of right now heres what i have... i cracked my swinger... and did it good... one of the two rails that runs from the pivot bolt to the carrier is cracked almost all the way to through... so im waiting one to come in... i ended up gettin a LSR...

i love how the 250r handles and i love my no link set up... but i miss my 426 motor... that thing came and hit... some times more then needed...

anyways here you go...

i'll post some pics of the swinger when i change it out...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Originally posted by BakerRacing40
    bad thing is she's probably been rode harder than half the bikes in the start gate..

but you can still have fun with somethin that's a lil worn out...

RIP John Gallagher Sr

give him a blessing or two... god bless this rider and all fallin riders..
    http://www.metalmulisha.com/team/jeremy-lusk

250r... the G.O.A.T of quads...

i personally like my yfz. find somebody that has one and ask them if you can take it for a spin. i'm going to buy a new quad in the next few months and still not sure what i'm getting. i'm wanting to see if the yfz450r is going to have any problems, if not it's going to be a flat track / tt animal for me..
    2004 yfz-450- tt bike
    2002 400ex- tt back up bike
    2004 Raptor- still mint
    2001 blaster- project
    thanks to everyone who helps me out

Thumbs up

honda trx 450 . most wins most titles last 5 years.

yfz.... ew.
    Forget the most pro wins. That doesnt mean anything. I personally think the trx would be a great choice if you plan on doing a complete build(like you would have to do with the yfz). If you dont want a honda than fine.
    If you want to get a quad that comes race ready and you dont want to do much to it, than get the ltr. Since you like yamaha you may want to look into the yfzr.
    But Im just telling you again that there is nothing wrong with the trx and if you put money into it, it will be a top runner.

id say kfx or trx honda and kawi are up there then id give it to suzuki, ktm, yamaha, then polaris, the kfx and 450r are nasty once they are built, but stock they arent too race ready...
    2005 450r

i've been wanting to take a built trx450 out to the track but haven't ever had the chance.. i have a 400ex and i like it a lot but it doesn't have the hp to go to the big tracks that i go to... indoor though its pretty good never entered it though just used to practice and condition my self. the ltr and yfz-r would be good to me cause i wouldn't have to buy a-arms and axle, but i've been looking for a trx450 frame to do a ground up build on.. just haven't found much..
    2004 yfz-450- tt bike
    2002 400ex- tt back up bike
    2004 Raptor- still mint
    2001 blaster- project
    thanks to everyone who helps me out

stock the honda is not as competitive on the mx track. in the woods , sand as good as any. bulit it is as good as it gets. they win in every type and class of racing not just the pro classes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast