Thread: White Brothers Slip on Silencer

White Brothers Slip on Silencer

I'd like to have input on the White Brother's slip on silencer. Are jetting or airbox changes required to run this silencer? Is it quite a bit louder than stock? Any noticeable power gains?

Mitch
    02 Yellow 400 EX

If your looking for a new pipe I would get the Sparks X-4 full pipe. It had the most power in the ATV Sport test and weighs 2 pounds less than the White Brother complete. Check out sparksracing.com. He makes a complete hop up package that includes a sparks foam filter with ring to keep it tight, a mod for the stock airbox, advance key, high rev CDI, and the X-4 complete exhaust all for $609. Depending on your budget I think that`s the way to go.

Mitch - I've had this setup. You are not required to change your jetting or airbox with just the WB silencer. It is quite a bit louder than stock, but the sound is great! Nice, throaty 4-stroke sound. You will notice some power increase with just the silencer and no other mods. It won't be mind boggling, but noticable, especially in the mid-throttle range. I found that I was running a little lean, so the motor was hotter than stock. I have now rejetted mine and put a hole in the air box lid and the power increase is much, much better - very noticable over stock, especially half to full throttle. The motor is running a little cooler now since the jetting is better.

By the way, I went to 160 main, 42 pilot and raised the needle one notch. If you are trying to determine if you want the WB, I would definitely go for it. I'm very pleased with mine. Keep in mind that you can adjust the exhaust with the removable discs. Good luck!
    2001 MX Race 400EX - TQRA Series Racer #721

My Quad Site
    TQRA Site
    C&D Racing - 308-696-7805
    Bullet Motorsports

"You can't have a battle of the wits with someone that's unarmed."

i have the slip on and i ran it with the stock jetting and it backfired, it was running too lean. so i rejetted, whats the big deal if you have to rejet? its fairly simple, just read the thread "help jetting a 400!"
    2000 Roll/Laeger's/Houser/Axis 416ex

2001 Arens/Laeger's/PEP 250r

Thanks to my sponsors for 2003 : 00-Buck ATV Racing, Team Pompton, Nebulae Race Team, Milton Inn Packaged Goods, Napa Auto Parts of Oak Ridge, Sick Style Racing, WD-40, Hinson Racing, IMS, Sport Center Racing, and Nac's racing

I'd also like to give a special thanks to Baldwin Motorsports for all there help and support they gave me.

We are now accepting resumes, this is a New Jersey based team. westsyder50@hotmail.com
    http://www.geocities.com/sickstyleatv/index.html

Team Rcokford Fosgate 401+ northeast champ 147.7db