Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 250r/400ex hybrid...

Originally posted by slamdak8782
    Paint the front hubs would look better imo
    i never painted them because im waiting to get some billet front hubs. it just has been taking a while. maybe i should paint them in the mean time.
    If you can't modify it why have it???

Originally posted by 86 Quad R
    i dont know how i missed this build reminds me of the one i did a few years ago using a 4 mill stroker. it was damn fun to ride but was short lived as someone decided they needed it more than i(stolen).

i have been thinking of doing another because i loved the shorter wheel base in conjunction with the power of the R engine.

Great build!!! you done a good job with her.
    i actually like the way it handles compared to my 86R. maybe its because i had a 400ex before i got the R. it may also have to do with this being alot lighter than my R.

thanks for the compliment randy. i hope you build one and i can follow your progress on a thread..

Originally posted by 400exrider26400
    How did you cracked the sleeve ?
    not exactly sure. but, i believe it was piston/ring wear in conjuction with me being on my last bore. the base gasket went prior to the damage or relating to the cylinder sleeve.

i will take a pic soon and put it up on this thread and in the 250r section.

Awesome Build!

Looks great, awesome build, that cylinder-head are awesome! Great job, keep the up-dates coming.

man, i cant belive i missed this entire build. i was working on a 250r hybrid, the same as yours, but i went and picked up a 250r almost complete, but in parts. im using the 250r frame for now to drop my motr in, but i have another motor that im building to put on the 400 frame. the one thing i have to ask is how you did your motor mounts. i skimmed over everything really quickly, but did you use the 400 front motor mounts, is this correct. i know the middle and rear have to be custom made. thanks, and great build.
    97' 300ex with few motor mods

250r/400ex hybrid

86' ATC250R stretched, widened, and a snappy lil 265

Originally posted by bobizzle
    man, i cant belive i missed this entire build. i was working on a 250r hybrid, the same as yours, but i went and picked up a 250r almost complete, but in parts. im using the 250r frame for now to drop my motr in, but i have another motor that im building to put on the 400 frame. the one thing i have to ask is how you did your motor mounts. i skimmed over everything really quickly, but did you use the 400 front motor mounts, is this correct. i know the middle and rear have to be custom made. thanks, and great build.
    uou just use the 86 style rear mount. the bottom and head-stay are custom. i used i think two left mounts and cut out a clearence for the cases.

I might have missed it but... What did you use for you coolant lines? What temp are they rated for? Do you have any time on them and do they get all "wet noodle" like when the bike comes to temp?

I think that looks better than the CV4 hoses, nice touch!

Originally posted by Baileygunns
    I might have missed it but... What did you use for you coolant lines? What temp are they rated for? Do you have any time on them and do they get all "wet noodle" like when the bike comes to temp?

I think that looks better than the CV4 hoses, nice touch!
    i used the lines nylon reinforced tubing that they sell at home depot/lowes etc.

they work good. if you follow a few steps.\

1. make sure they never touch hot metal directly. they will begin to fail from this.

2. after engine is warm and tubes soften. you must retighten the hoses to make sure they dont blow off.

my hoses have custom routing so the stock or aftermarket hoses would not work.

new rubber
    Attached Images Attached Images

Attached Images Attached Images

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast