Thread: DIY air scoops?

DIY air scoops?

Does anyone have plans for air scoops? They don't look too hard to make and i go vocational school for machine trades so i have access to everything i need.
    yellow 400ex
    HMF slip-on
    yfz shocks
    UM pro pegs
    protaper bars
    magnum ez pull clutch
    QUAD shock covers
    UM bumper

2000 400ex 11:1 Wiseco,stage 2 Hotcam, WB R4 full exhaust,WB rev box, K&N/OW, 450r carb, no lid, +2 a-arms,Works shocks,GForce axle,chrome stem,fat bars,250r hood, brake blockoff, ASV clutch lever, race cut fender.

2003 Cr250 White plastics, V Force 3 reed cage.

Altitude - 5280, Latitude - 39.669017, Longitude - 104.897717

Re: DIY air scoops?

Originally posted by jrwisehart
    Does anyone have plans for air scoops? They don't look too hard to make and i go vocational school for machine trades so i have access to everything i need.

i built my own with no plans or pattern. i read all the threads on here and honstly they seamed worthless to me, they just don't make any sense,... if you going to vocational school then you should be able to work your way though it, it's really fairly easy, just make a cardboard template test fit it alot and make changes as you see fit to make it perfect. after your happy with the cardboard move on to your metal. i nailed mine on the first try (due to plenty of trial and error and carefull measuring) but you might need to try more then once(which is ok). really it comes down to thinking it out and taking your time.

heres a pic of mine
    Attached Images Attached Images
    02' 400ex -- some stuff
    05' 400ex -- less stuff
    06' 400FIS 4x4 -- arctic cat

"It doesn't have to be red to be fast... it just has to be a HONDA!"

for sale: 05 400ex headlight, dial-a-jet. pm me