Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "200R" Ever seen one? **Check these pics!**

Smile "200R" Ever seen one? **Check these pics!**

New to posting here. Great site! I'm looking for any liquid 250R engines or other aftermarket parts by Bob Selvy of SELVYS Performance. He was a popular builder from the 80s-90s noted for his rendition of the controversial ATC 200R engine. Here are some pics that may help identify these old vintage goodies. Any info or leads would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -Andy

is that a 200cc motor? looks like it has 248 cc stamped on the side? And the seat looks like a 250R seat with the 5 painted to look like a 0

X's two
    Originally posted by coryatver
    is that a 200cc motor? looks like it has 248 cc stamped on the side? And the seat looks like a 250R seat with the 5 painted to look like a 0

looks like an early ATC cylinder head. also, is a 250 jug.
    If you can't modify it why have it???

its a 250r jug shaved down. It also has a de-stroked crank and uses a stock piston. He does other things to them, making the tranny shift easier, igntions and stuff.

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pic...out-1.jpg.html
    http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pic...out-2.jpg.html
    http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pic...out-3.jpg.html
    http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pic...out-4.jpg.html
    http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pic...out-5.jpg.html
    http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pic...out-6.jpg.html

The honda factory 200r's used a mtx200 motor in a custom chassis kinda like a clone of atc200x. The privateers used the slevy kit, however alot more just used a de-bored cylinder and smaller piston.
    85/86 atc 250r, very modded, lrd 310pv, +1 lsr, shortrack kit, cr250r igntion, 39 pwk, paul turner hi-rev pipe, propeg nerf bars, HREATV custom frame,
    86 atc200x- 84 250r exteneded axle, supertrapp pipe, 27mm carb, works rear shock, 84 250r front end(rebuilt w/ terry kit), 350x tripples, ported head, 12:1 piston, webcam,
    crf450r quad, lsr frame, swinger, antifade, hyper beadlocks and the best of everything else.
    88 trx 250r pced and reinforced frame, +3+0 t-pin, 310pv, cr ignition, 39 pwk, lsr rear end, elka shocks, aftermarket radiator, lrd pipe
    06 ktm450exc, full skid plate/guards, radiator fan, clarke tank, dual sport kit, reg/ins/insp, steering stabilzer
    98 200exc: street plated, skid/guards, dual sport lights, stabilizer and more.
    07 ktm 250xc, skids, reg/ins, dampener, good lights
    2011 atc450r in the works, suspension and details need to be worked out

coryatver-
    The 200R seats were a modified 250R cover, as you said with the "5" stripped to look like a "0"

Deathman53-
    Thanks for the scanned magazine article links. I have that issue. Great article! I've been on the hunt for a MTX200 as well, but none here in the states.

Here is another article I've found in my stash of old magazines. The above pictures are of my 200R project, though it only has three wheels, I still thought many of you quad addicts may have seen another motor or parts of this era over the years. This was a popular class back in the day for a couple seasons. It's hard to believe another SELVYS 200R kit like this hasn't turned up. There has to be others somewhere?? I've seen a couple CAMMEX debored 200R versions that were found, but no other destroked/stock bore, 200cc SELVY kits. Again, any leads on another SELVYS engine, carb, exhaust, or suspension parts would make my day! Thanks! Sorry for the small text. My computer is down and I'm on a borrowed laptop.

[IMG]Photobucket[/IMG]

WOW thats neat! anymore pics and articles?
    Caution! Post Whore!
    Kansas B Class Motocross Racer
    Long Live the 250r!

there is some people on 3ww that have/had slevy 200r's. Most didn't ride them and left them as a collector piece. Others took the rare parts off and put more common stuff on in place of it. Most of the 200r's I seen pics of had short track kits. I love those pics with the h-track tires. Those are rare tires now, I have one set of them. I personally don't think they are all too good. I have more articles scanned. I have ~30 3&4 and dirtwheels articles from the early to late 80's.
    85/86 atc 250r, very modded, lrd 310pv, +1 lsr, shortrack kit, cr250r igntion, 39 pwk, paul turner hi-rev pipe, propeg nerf bars, HREATV custom frame,
    86 atc200x- 84 250r exteneded axle, supertrapp pipe, 27mm carb, works rear shock, 84 250r front end(rebuilt w/ terry kit), 350x tripples, ported head, 12:1 piston, webcam,
    crf450r quad, lsr frame, swinger, antifade, hyper beadlocks and the best of everything else.
    88 trx 250r pced and reinforced frame, +3+0 t-pin, 310pv, cr ignition, 39 pwk, lsr rear end, elka shocks, aftermarket radiator, lrd pipe
    06 ktm450exc, full skid plate/guards, radiator fan, clarke tank, dual sport kit, reg/ins/insp, steering stabilzer
    98 200exc: street plated, skid/guards, dual sport lights, stabilizer and more.
    07 ktm 250xc, skids, reg/ins, dampener, good lights
    2011 atc450r in the works, suspension and details need to be worked out

Deathman53-

Thanks, I'm one of those 3ww members too. Maybe you've seen my monthly magazine scans. I try to post one per month for the members there if I can get the spare time (takes about 6hrs). I'm "Buster Brown" over there. I think the old magazines are about as special to my heart as the collection of 250Rs in the shop. They bring back so many younger memories! Ok... I don't want to offend anyone here. I know this is a quad site. But... this is the 250R thread section! I'm currently building an'85 R similar to this '86' ATC 250 pictured below. The '85 will have the short track set up, West Coast swinger/rear hubs, as well, and will have the Selvys 200R built motor. Only vintage old school goodies on this one!
    Here's a few pics of the '86 and parts to go on the project '85 200.

ttt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast