Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: any news on the 2010 450r

Originally posted by quadboy-55
    yeah, i have my fingers crossed for a carb in 2010 too! they'll prolly make a new S.E model. like the balck and blue last year, and the really hot orange white 09.

EFI is great... on a car, but not on a quad. im regestered on another site too, LT-********, and the EFI's they put in quads WONT adjust for altitude or air pressure, its just a carburator with a ton of wires and an injector. (not exactly but you know what i mean) true, they do have and o2 sensor but thats it, it doesnt adjust much. i have had quite a few problems with the ''quads of tommorow'' and there EFI, wich is why im hoping to swich back on to a Honda, built like a brick and i hope it stays that way.

Honda probably knows that EFI's are no good on a quad and thats why they, like KTM are keeping a carb.

hell, i think adjusting a carb is way easier than EFI. jet and go. i hate plugging in a lap-top. and downloads never are acurate. $350 for a dyno and $350 for a controller. or 10 bucks for jets.

heres what happened to my LT-R not too long ago.

broke 3rd gear, starter broke, all electrical connections started smoking.

thats enough to swich any one back to a carb and kicker anyday!!
    WOW......what a rant. Balanced mix of opionion wrapped up as fact, ignorance and stupidity. Congratulations.

Im hoping for the same quad, but a stronger frame. Thats the only change i'd make
    Blaine Kaiser #426

Moved On To Cars from Quads

2007 Dodge Charger Superbee SRT8 #259/1000

1993 Dodge W350 Dually

1969 Plymouth Satellite - 580hp 440 - 727 - 3.73 Locker

"If you want to make a Conservative angry, tell him a lie. If you want to make a Liberal angry, tell him the truth." - Rush Limbaugh

Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
    Im hoping for the same quad, but a stronger frame. Thats the only change i'd make
    yeah, same here bro.

Ozlinc, i dont consider my post as a rant with ''ignorance and stupidity'' just as my two cents, backed up with my personal experence. i dont want to start a fight or start calling names. and i dont want to sway anyone on a desision between a carb and EFI. im happy with the EFI in my truck, but i dont think the ATV or dirt bike world is ready untill they get some more R&D in there and a MAF sensor.

Suzuki had this some issue adapting EFI to there bikes, they ended up swiching to a carb for the remainder of the year before fixing first year issues.
    i believe it was with there 450 line.

either way, if i end up with a TRX450R or keep my LT-R450 im happy with both.
    Sparks, Elka, JD PErformance, Fuel Customs, Stream line, Laker Custom, ITP, Rath Racing, DFR, Powermadd, ProTaper, R&D, Keihin, Ignition products, SRP, UNI.

Hauler: 08 Chevy 5,3L 1500. AFE, Magnaflow, bedliner.

http://quadhub.com/sig/ride_sig_337.png

Ozlinc, i dont consider my post as a rant with ''ignorance and stupidity'' just as my two cents, backed up with my personal experence.
    I have to commend you in answering my post in a far more tactfull way that I did.

So I will explain. In your first post you stated that........

"It doesn't adjust for altitude or air pressure".......in fact thats the only thing it does adjust for.

"they do have and o2 sensor but thats it".............no they don't

you "broke 3rd gear"..........nothing to do with fuel injection

"starter broke"....................nothing to do with fuel injection

"all electrical connections started smoking"...........may or may not be fuel injection - thats an electrical short that any quad could have.

"you want kick start"...............nothing to do with fuel injection

"i think adjusting a carb is way easier than EFI"........rant & opinion

"i hate plugging in a lap-top"............rant & stupid (how did you post on atvriders)

"downloads never are acurate"...........rant & stupid

"$350 for a dyno".................................you dont have to dyno a FI quad to tune it. It will be better if you do but same goes with a carbied quad.

"$350 for a controller".................You can get controllers much cheaper than $350

"or 10 bucks for jets"................................., $10 for jets is only if you get it right the first time and never change or upgrade your engine.

RANT, IGNORANT & STUPID.............I don't think you got one thing right; if you told me your name I wouldn't beleive you.

Some people talk about Fuel Injection like it's the devils work.........ooooooohhhhhhhh................rock n' roll............the devils music.

no!, you just dont get it.

Linc

Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
    That's pretty accurate. Better frame, improved suspension and handling and maybe the new motor.

What you can bet on, is that Honda is looking closer at the KTM than the other 450's. KTM built a great bike and didn't go alloy and EFI. Will Honda eventually go EFI, I think they all will, but maybe not just yet.

TPR

Originally posted by OzLinc
    I have to commend you in answering my post in a far more tactfull way that I did.

So I will explain. In your first post you stated that........

"It doesn't adjust for altitude or air pressure".......in fact thats the only thing it does adjust for.

"they do have and o2 sensor but thats it".............no they don't

you "broke 3rd gear"..........nothing to do with fuel injection

"starter broke"....................nothing to do with fuel injection

"all electrical connections started smoking"...........may or may not be fuel injection - thats an electrical short that any quad could have.

"you want kick start"...............nothing to do with fuel injection

"i think adjusting a carb is way easier than EFI"........rant & opinion

"i hate plugging in a lap-top"............rant & stupid (how did you post on atvriders)

"downloads never are acurate"...........rant & stupid

"$350 for a dyno".................................you dont have to dyno a FI quad to tune it. It will be better if you do but same goes with a carbied quad.

"$350 for a controller".................You can get controllers much cheaper than $350

"or 10 bucks for jets"................................., $10 for jets is only if you get it right the first time and never change or upgrade your engine.

RANT, IGNORANT & STUPID.............I don't think you got one thing right; if you told me your name I wouldn't beleive you.

Some people talk about Fuel Injection like it's the devils work.........ooooooohhhhhhhh................rock n' roll............the devils music.

no!, you just dont get it.

Linc
    wow, some one grew up and put on the daddy pants around here.

well no $h!t a 3rd gear and a kicker have nothing to do with EFI!! im not brain dead.

and just for the record, you dont need to plug, play and adjust fuel mixtures to post on ATV-riders.

and how is saying downloads are never acurate stupid? they never are. go onto LTR450 hq and ask anyone. heres the link.
    http://www.********.com/

we're all PEOPLE on here, and i dont want to start anything. i dont know who pi$$ed in youre cerial this morning, so just go and scratch youre @$$ hole and be happy!!

BTW: im just saying that this is whats going on with my quad, doesnt have to be ALL about FI, and why i think Honda shouldnt make any changes any time soon.

just personal bias, and its youre call if its ignorant or not. and right now, youre post looks stupid and ignorant.

im 16 years old and my name is Shaun. my dad passed away just a few months, and right now im not looking for a fight.

heres a link for that story. http://ltr450.theatvchannel.com/invi...showtopic=7270
    Sparks, Elka, JD PErformance, Fuel Customs, Stream line, Laker Custom, ITP, Rath Racing, DFR, Powermadd, ProTaper, R&D, Keihin, Ignition products, SRP, UNI.

wow, some one grew up and put on the daddy pants around here.

well no $h!t a 3rd gear and a kicker have nothing to do with EFI!! im not brain dead.

and just for the record, you dont need to plug, play and adjust fuel mixtures to post on ATV-riders.

and how is saying downloads are never acurate stupid? they never are. go onto LTR450 hq and ask anyone. heres the link.
    http://www.********.com/

we're all PEOPLE on here, and i dont want to start anything. i dont know who pi$$ed in youre cerial this morning, so just go and scratch youre @$$ hole and be happy!!

BTW: im just saying that this is whats going on with my quad, doesnt have to be ALL about FI, and why i think Honda shouldnt make any changes any time soon.

just personal bias, and its youre call if its ignorant or not. and right now, youre post looks stupid and ignorant.

im 16 years old and my name is Shaun. my dad passed away just a few months, and right now im not looking for a fight.

heres a link for that story. http://ltr450.theatvchannel.com/invi...showtopic=7270
    my condolences to you and your family. i do know what your going through man. i lost my dad six years ago when i was fifteen. june is a hard month for me still to this day, his birthday on the ninth, fathers day is always the week after that, and he passed away on the 28th.
    i know this has nothing to do with this post for the honda thing. but just wanted to say it. quadboy-55 shoot me a pm if you need to conversate with someone that's went through a similar situation...
    2004 yfz-450- tt bike
    2002 400ex- tt back up bike
    2004 Raptor- still mint
    2001 blaster- project
    thanks to everyone who helps me out

Originally posted by BakerRacing40
    my condolences to you and your family. i do know what your going through man. i lost my dad six years ago when i was fifteen. june is a hard month for me still to this day, his birthday on the ninth, fathers day is always the week after that, and he passed away on the 28th.
    i know this has nothing to do with this post for the honda thing. but just wanted to say it. quadboy-55 shoot me a pm if you need to conversate with someone that's went through a similar situation...
    yeah, june is a hard month. his B-day was august 17th, but all of the father son things happened in the summer. all he wanted was one good summer away from work and it never happened..

Hondarider: THNX for youre support. this is the last thing you ever want to happen. my dad died back when i was 15. im 16 sice the 27th of april. so that means if i die at like 90 then i will have only known my dad for 1/6th of my entire life, and i gotta tell you, that really does suck!!

yeah, i have my fingers crossed for a carb in 2010 too! they'll prolly make a new S.E model. like the balck and blue last year, and the really hot orange white 09.

EFI is great... on a car, but not on a quad. im regestered on another site too, LT-********, and the EFI's they put in quads WONT adjust for altitude or air pressure, its just a carburator with a ton of wires and an injector. (not exactly but you know what i mean) true, they do have and o2 sensor but thats it, it doesnt adjust much. i have had quite a few problems with the ''quads of tommorow'' and there EFI, wich is why im hoping to swich back on to a Honda, built like a brick and i hope it stays that way.

Honda probably knows that EFI's are no good on a quad and thats why they, like KTM are keeping a carb.

hell, i think adjusting a carb is way easier than EFI. jet and go. i hate plugging in a lap-top. and downloads never are acurate. $350 for a dyno and $350 for a controller. or 10 bucks for jets.

heres what happened to my LT-R not too long ago.

broke 3rd gear, starter broke, all electrical connections started smoking.

thats enough to swich any one back to a carb and kicker anyday!!

Actually once the PC5 comes out you can get an 02 sensor with it that will auto adjust to give you the best fuel/air mixture for any engine set up and altitude.
    Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain
    Add me on the Myspaces:Link

Originally posted by ThePhantomRider
    What you can bet on, is that Honda is looking closer at the KTM than the other 450's. KTM built a great bike and didn't go alloy and EFI.
    Honda is smart

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast