Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: any news on the 2010 450r

Originally posted by kawabunga
    Then why are there 3 Honda's in the top 10 for points this season thus far?
    probably because they ride brand new machines every time out and don't have to get worn out to the point that they break every race.
    Nobody trains for 2nd place.

Originally posted by rideredms#44
    i keep the maint up om mine! thats just it your racing xc not mx i never had any problems with mine either untill i started racing mx. they need a more mx ready quad, they definatley arent able to stand up to the abuse of mx. im on my second frame and this one is gussteted and its cracking. i really hope that they do change them in some ways. if so ill have the first one that we get here at work.
    i run mx with my 05. no problems yet. bent my dominator axle but other than that im still good.
    2005 450r orange, Hiper, Elka, Houser, Maier, Zing, Hmf, Precision, you get the point :Sold

2004 400ex yellow, lsr, fox, maxxis, Renthal, Douglas, Hmf :Sold

2005 f-150, black, v8 4.6, xlt, 18" king ranch wheels.

Buy My Truck

i think there will be a stock version and an mx version
    08 kfx450
    04 kfx400

^^ I'm with this guy. They need a base model, and a race ready 450r thats 50 in. wide to compete with Suzuki.
    Member of ATVriders Daycare

There aren't going to be many updates or any at all. Honda cancelled their dealer show due to economical reasons..

Trust me I'd love to see an updated 450r but I don't think it's going to happen..
    2003 Maxima VQ35DE
    -------------------------
    Tint, System

Originally posted by BenHonda400ex
    Trombone.. And if someone calls me a Tromboner I will kick you in the nuts, that s*** get's annoying

Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R
    probably because they ride brand new machines every time out and don't have to get worn out to the point that they break every race.
    so you think that hondas are the only ones that end up breaking all the time

they ALL do if you ride hard enough and alot, suzuki, kawi, yam, can-am, honda ALL of them!
    450R JB PEP Baldwin

Originally posted by ThumPIN_450R

You couldn't buy a clue. Look at every class. Honda's are amazing bikes plain and simple/ Good luck finding a more reliable rave proven machine.

Originally posted by hondaracing_13
    I was told in school that all Honda's would be EFI in 2010.
    I heard from a neighbor who talked to a guy down the street, who talked to someone at the Post Office, that they were gonna be Fuel Injected.
    God must love stupid people; He made so many.

ATV Action seems to think they will be. There is a test of the '09 450R in the newest issue and they make mention of the fact that the new CRF450R bikes have fuel injection and the 2010 quads probably will, as well.
    Sold my quad, but I'll be back... Looking for something different.

I dont know much about EFI on a quad but if there anything like EFI on a car it would be a waste of Fn money!

As with any racer knows that when modding with EFI going into serious mods you have to change the EFI controller and that isnt cheap as buying $20 worth of jets to get it right it goes into buying a couple $300 controllers to see what one works best.

Carb motors IMO can simply be modded so much easier and with less money. Dont get me wrong you can get more power out of a EFI motor but you spend alot more to do it.
    2008 TRX400EX

Some go fast parts and look cool stuff added.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast