Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: any news on the 2010 450r

I'm not claiming anything...
    I'm just spreading the word about what I heard.

I'm a poet and I didn't know it!!
    01 Raptor 686R
    lonestar +3a-arms- +2 swinger/ axcaliber+3/ elka's
    hmf full system-K&N filters
    GYTR full skids-shift lever- brake lever
    yukon tranny-one way starter bearing
    686 wiseco
    cam, oil, speed limiter mods
    3 spark plug head, high vilocity ported, stage 3 cam, maier plastics, gusseted PC'd frame,
    05 Ram reg cab short box
    and a shed full of other toys

They will probably put yellow fenders on it since they havent done that on the 450 yet. Then they will put some really really cool new stylish graphics on it!!!

Originally posted by matt14c
    They will probably put yellow fenders on it since they havent done that on the 450 yet. Then they will put some really really cool new stylish graphics on it!!!
    that would be sweet since my 06 hondas are still pulling the holeshots and winning races.

people keep bashing honda for not updating enough but if you build it right in the first place you dont have to. only miner changes are needed.They are still winning races and championships and selling a ton of quads. just as they did with the 1986-1989 250r.

I hope honda DOESEN'T change. They've got a good thing going for them. If they set up a bike for mx with better shocks, 50 inch scance a arms and axel and put on motocross tires they'll be the same overpriced bike as everone else. Efi isn't a bennifit and just adds to the weight and cost of the machine. if they do all this they'll make the bike unaffordable to most and the guys that can afford it will just pull the stuff they "improved" off so they can put on their sponsors stuff. If you got something that works don't work on it til it doesne't, that's my opinion.

If they do change it up they should atleast do like ktm and can am and make an mx version and an xc or regular version.
    and then?

I think we will see the realtively unchanged 450R for a few more years to come. Of course...the graphics.
    For every good post, there are 5 bad. If you remember that you will be fine

Exriders.com

myspace/dave450r

It will either look like the 400ex with efi or same thing with efi and just $500+ more! Just my guess!

Originally posted by rideredms#44
    they definatley arent able to stand up to the abuse of mx.
    Then why are there 3 Honda's in the top 10 for points this season thus far?
    '04 Honda 450R
    '05 Suzuki SV650n
    '05 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    '75 Honda CB550F
    '04 SDG 107 Speed Mini
    '82 Honda 200

I've raced mx and xc. XC is definatley harder on equipment than mx, however mx is harder on frames. You race a fourwheeler, prepare for stuff to break.

i have the 08..too amazing for words..i race flat track/tt so i don't have to worry about framme much, maybe a few grinds of the track and thats it but it holds up to that, i love the bike soo much i hope they don't change anything it is the best 450 out there, if actually maintain your bike, it wont break down, has always worked for me
    2008 450r

<--AREA 51-->

Full yosh
    j and d jetting
    k&n
    cp piston
    port and polish
    mild web cam
    rekluse

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast