Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 GNCC Series- RD#6- "The Titan"-ATV Race Coverage

2009 GNCC Series- RD#6- "The Titan"-ATV Race Coverage

Round number six of the Can Am GNCC Series head back to Tennessee as we headed to Lafayette/Westmoreland (They were arguing about that so I will cover my bases!)

This region is smack dab in the middle of god's country and is filled with rolling hills, valleys and mountains that formed a spectacular backdrop for the race. Unfortunatley, none of us got to see much of it due to the rain that hammered the area friday and saturday morning.

Stepping out of my RV at 7 am to cover the Youth race, this is what greeted me and the many racers and fans that were now looking at the first full on mud raceof 2009.

Press Releases, Galleries and more....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

I admit it, I almost turned back around and stayed inside to pray for the rain to stop After last season and shooting in the rain, I have become spoiled with drier conditions.

From the grumblings I heard on the way to the starting line, I wasn't alone in my thinking

Groups of umbrella monsters clammered around devouring wet little children mauahahhaha Sorry, but from the looks of things, I couldn't resist

Now I havent been cruising the starting line like I have in years past as I usually find myself doing all I can to drag my sorry rear out of the fartsack and make it to the line before the kids rip past turn one However seeing I was in need of shelter, anyone with a Brolly (Thats photog speak for Umbrella ) I sauntered the line looking for that free 4 or 5 seconds needed to catch a dry break and wipe off a camera or two.

So, there I am on the prowl when I spotted this little sweetheart that was missing her arm from the elbow down. I started chatting with her dad and asked how it came to be, when she said a photographer asked her a question and she ripped it off and beat him to death with it I am just kidding ofcourse, and was informed she was born that way. I always take a special interest in riders with disabilities because I can't ride with everything god gave me so I know these folks have some serious dedication when you see them on a quad entered in a race! My heart ofcourse went out to her but within seconds of striking up a conversation, I realized she was more then capable of handling that machine and was a pure pleasure to chat with.

They had added a modified bar to allow her to control that side and watching her ride left no doubt that all her crew needed to do was cheer her on, she had everything else handled!!! I hope she makes it to the next few rounds and I can find her friday evening because I would love to do a photoshoot with her and let her tell her racing stories for everyone to eventually read!

I hear folks complain about all sorts of things on their atv....but I dont think she would ever mutter a peep because she is out there to do her best with whatever set up she has......think about that the next time you whine about your stabilizer being to stiff

God gives us nothing we can't handle is what I have always been told. Tara, if you get to read this, you just keep living your life with that big smile on your face, everything else is petty beyond your spirit!

Now looking at her smile for one last pic was all I needed to keep me charged up for the entire day! I was ready to tromp through the mud and rain and get my job done and would be doing my best to keep an eye out for Tara!

The 2008 season flat sucked for these guys as it rained at so many rounds and didn't usually stop until they saw the checkered flag. From years racingw ith my own son in the slop...everyone has to race the same track and it was time to ruck up, gear up and get ready to battle!

I trotted off (thats trotted, a slow gaited run....do NOT listen to Jeremie Dudding who insisted I was in fact skipping ) off to my chosen spot to capture these rascals rip apart the first few turns!

Super Mini would fire off the line first and it would be Austin Findley grabbing the holeshot on his ultra trick TRX90 based racer!

Levi Coen takes a look back to see where Ryan Earley was as Earley was very slow firing off the line.

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast