Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does it measure up?

How does it measure up?

Okay so i've been thinking a lot lately about the weight of my R, and where i could shed some pounds. There was an old thread on this but it got hairy so i thought i would just start a new one. So has anyone had their quad on the scale lately. If so let us know the weight and what you have.

I would really like to know what an R with a aluminum or chromolly frame, aluminum axle, some carbon parts, hipers(don't know if they weigh less) some fox floats, billet motor mounts, aluminum rad., alu. bars, even wave rotors, alum. spindles, etc would weight up, it would have to be light

they already have an aluminum radiator.
    If you can't modify it why have it???

My 250R with a chromoly frame weighs around 75 lb. I usually just strap it to my back and carry it up to the line so I don't get any dirt on the tires.

Lighten up a little, junior.

You can see what I have in my sig... With a full 4 gallons of 91 octane in my IMS desert tank mine weighed somewhere around 385 wet, and ready to go.... That was with dirt tires, which are heavier than paddles. I need to get the weight set up for sand...
    1995 Titled Laeger Narrow Pro-Trax w/ 1991 CR5000 Linkage / All Stainless Hardware / Custom Axis Shocks / LSR Axle / Baldwin Anti-Fade / 265CC Mildly Ported National / Port Matched V-Force3 Reed Cage / 39mm PWK / No-Toil Air Filter / Custom Filter Bracket / ESR CR250 Ignition / Sparks MX Pipe / ESR Silencer / IMS 4G Tank Line-X'd / AC Bumper, Grab Bar, Pro-Peg Nerfs, Skidplate / Tag Metals Clamp / T2 Cannondale Bend Bars (Sandblasted) / TRX450R Front Brake Master / ODI Lock On Grips / 300EX Throttle

my old 510cc Saber "R" weighed in a 297 wet and ready to ride.

there was still another 15-20lbs that could have been shed, but it's VERY expensive those last few lbs.

i think 300 pounds is a good destination to try to meet. and thats SUPER light compared to the 450's. under 300 and your going to start sacraficing some strength in some spots.
    Caution! Post Whore!
    Kansas B Class Motocross Racer
    Long Live the 250r!

i think 300 pounds is a good destination to try to meet. and thats SUPER light compared to the 450's. under 300 and your going to start sacraficing some strength in some spots.
    Caution! Post Whore!
    Kansas B Class Motocross Racer
    Long Live the 250r!

Did I hear an echo in here ?

Originally posted by Honda 250r 001

just dug into the archives and found that the oem spec is about 326lbs dry on average, thats from honda so absolutly no fluids. Also saw that there is about a 23lbs difference in a 250r and 450r motor, crazy!

As for the radiator, my bad i knew that it was late.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast