Thread: longer swingarm and A-arms?

Question longer swingarm and A-arms?

hey guys, I would just like your thoughts on a question I have. should I get longer A-arms and/or a longer swingarm for a 400ex. I ride mostly trails, powerlines, and farm fields. What are the perks of these mods? What brands would you recomend? Any info or thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.

- Doug

Well the riding you do I have to suggest getting houser +1 wide and +1/2 forward IF you decide to get some,,These will help the handling and won't make your quad a mile wide. I have these and love them,,but how there going to work with stock shocks i dont' know. I have works triple rates which were setup for a heavier rider so they worked fine when I swapped my stockers for the housers. I'd leave the swingarm alone,,don't do anything to it,,it won't make a difference like the new a-arms. PM me if ya got more questions.

rico- i was planning on getting a pair of the works triple rate shocks. so the difference between the stock a-arms and the housers are noticeable? thanks for the info.

Doug

Yes the difference is great and the quality of the arms are unmatched. You won't need new brake lines,,so don't worry about that. ANd when you get the new shocks,,add about 15 or so pounds to your wieght this will make them just a little stiffer and they work perfect if you put them on your stocker arms and then buy the houser's later. Make sure to place the order for the houser arms over the internet for a 6% discount,,which pretty much will pay for shipping and a few tanks of gas..

if you do alot of hill climbing i would put on a plus 1 or 2 inch swingarm

Keep in mind though that a longer swingarm will affect jumping and it wont turn as tightly.
    Clay Rhye #417
    Sponsored By: Taylors Tuning [(270)-797-2444]

86' 265R (Gone, but not forgotten)

My Photo Albums
    http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/crhye250r

Get the a-arms and maybe a axle later! A-arms sell on ebay all the time for like $300 range, theres all different name brands like roll design, LSR, Burgaurd, american-star, keager ect ect at different times.
    2009 CRF250R

R.I.P. Kelly "Steelrod" Chang, Todd Vescovi, Matt Barosek, & Jeremy Lusk, You'll Never be Forgotten!

i dont think your going to find roll design arms for 300 unless there broke in half

300 RANGE, maybe 400, there were 2 pairs of roll design just on ebay, i think one went for 400 sumthing
    2009 CRF250R

R.I.P. Kelly "Steelrod" Chang, Todd Vescovi, Matt Barosek, & Jeremy Lusk, You'll Never be Forgotten!

thye were broke in half i guess