Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: marine battery?

marine battery?

Has anyone done this mod where they use a marine battery ive heard about it before.....and finally by battery took a cra! so i have to buy another one..... thx for any info
    60rwhp monsta!!!!!

note: not just a plain sparks 465

mods : je 92mm piston 13:1 comp modded by sparks ,sparks custom sleeve *not stroked* ,hot rod , fcr 39 carb with alcohol,titanium retainers, valves, sparks cam, ported and polished with a flow meter, lrd big bore exhaust ,sparks heavy duty cam chain, trued and welded crank (shaved down incase i decide to stroke to well over 500cc ), lightned flywheel, hardened rockers , hinson clutch crap,kevlar disks,motors been polished. i have other engine stuff as well and the frame is floresent yellow with majer racin plastic custom painted midnight blue, battery was moved to front , street tires *grooved* ,18in turf tamers, dg alloy nerfs,cascade block off, no front brakes,one custom head light , i owned 2 other kits a 416, and a 440 the 440 snapped a rod in half, and came out the case causin me to buy new cases.....not bad for bein 17

-banshee
    -1989 250r with a cr500

if you need an upgraded battery try part # YTX12A-BS it will take care of your slow cranking troubles
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

does it fit in the stock 400ex battery location....???and also is it a honda battery???
    60rwhp monsta!!!!!

note: not just a plain sparks 465

mods : je 92mm piston 13:1 comp modded by sparks ,sparks custom sleeve *not stroked* ,hot rod , fcr 39 carb with alcohol,titanium retainers, valves, sparks cam, ported and polished with a flow meter, lrd big bore exhaust ,sparks heavy duty cam chain, trued and welded crank (shaved down incase i decide to stroke to well over 500cc ), lightned flywheel, hardened rockers , hinson clutch crap,kevlar disks,motors been polished. i have other engine stuff as well and the frame is floresent yellow with majer racin plastic custom painted midnight blue, battery was moved to front , street tires *grooved* ,18in turf tamers, dg alloy nerfs,cascade block off, no front brakes,one custom head light , i owned 2 other kits a 416, and a 440 the 440 snapped a rod in half, and came out the case causin me to buy new cases.....not bad for bein 17

-banshee
    -1989 250r with a cr500

its is a YUASA battery....oem honda is YUASA also. it is the exact size as stock but has 70 more c.c.a's if i remeber correctly. if ya cant find one locally pm me...i have them in stock.

I got that battery in my 463 stroker. It is worth getting over the stock replacement.
    2002 KTM 400 EXC, this bike is awsome!

Quads I use to own:
    FDO 463ex, Gas Gas 300, Gas Gas 450, Rancher, Yamaha Warrior, ATC Big Red.

If you can't afford to fix it or replace it, don't ask to ride it!

how much do they run ya, sounds like a nice mod

oynot400 said he got his for like $60 from a honda dealer( good price) i checked and we sell them for like $68. i geuss it varies from area to area.

kool thanks, haha not only is pappy the bling master ,he's the all knowledgable interstate battery man or one of those companys thanks

Originally posted by phatswinn
    or one of those companys
    what other companies

That about right, I got my battery for around $60. It is the exact same size at the stock batter. My Honda dealer gives me a heck of a discount. Then again they should for the amount of stuff I get from them.
    I left my quad outside on night over Christmas shutdown, not that I wanted to. It started right up when I got on it. I think it got down to the low 20's that night. The only time I have had problem with it starting is when I have to motor good and warm. Then the cylinder pressure is pretty high, and 13:1 compression, so it is hard to roll over. I am putting a manual decompression lever off a XR400 to help out in those conditions.
    2002 KTM 400 EXC, this bike is awsome!

Quads I use to own:
    FDO 463ex, Gas Gas 300, Gas Gas 450, Rancher, Yamaha Warrior, ATC Big Red.

If you can't afford to fix it or replace it, don't ask to ride it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast