Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 New England ATV Motocross - Rd 1 - Walden MX - ATV Race Coverage

2009 New England ATV Motocross - Rd 1 - Walden MX - ATV Race Coverage

The NEATV Series took a big step as the season kicked off its opener at Walden MX. Factory involvement in our sport is suffering due to the poor economy, however they are doing all they can to help series and riders throught the country keep racing alive and well!

You may have noticed the ATVriders.com RV at this round, and that is because we have grown enough to be able to cover every round this season thanks to our members continued support and from sponsors helping cover a portion of our expenses. The value we hope to bring the series, its riders and the sponsors of this series should help grow things for everyone involved!

Results These results are taken directly from scoring immediatley following the race and provided by the NEATV. If corrections are made, it will be posted when the NEATV releases the results.

Pro Race Report
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

For those of you that are familiar with how we do coverage, you should be pretty happy that we are giving you guys the same treatment we do the National series and with good reason as the NEATV Series isn't far behind the National MX Series in scope and from what I understand is the largest regional series in the country!

Thats a pretty big feat folks, and it hasn't gone unnoticed. Attendence at the opening round was spectacular with well over 300 entries.

And for those of you joining our coverage for the first time, I will give you a quick run down on how coverage works.

At each round, we will have a photographer there to capture a myriad of images of the event. These images are available for sale ofcourse, but mainly they are to showcase the riders, the event and the fans. After each event, there will be featured on our homepage results, a report about the race and if things go well enough, a coverage thread such as this one. The coverage thread remains locked just so we can complete the forums coverage and the thread can flow, then its opened up for everyone to add their commentary etc.

I also would love to have a few race reports emailed to me (or pm'd) from the Amatuer and Youth racers so that I can include, in your own words, into the coverage. My email is bkperformance@peoplepc.com

With factory involvement, everyone loves to see the races through images and video which we hope to supply to your satisfaction!

And remember, we usually catch most of what you dont see, so even though it doesn't happen on the track, be prepared for those candid shots to pop up

As far as who we are.....well you will usually see me there at most of the rounds this season. I am the strapping young lad who could put Brad Pitt on welfare if I wanted Fortunatley for him I enjoy being muddy and dusty taking pictures of you guys instead of chasing hollywood harlets around

The main man in charge of this site is Harlen Foley. I tell him all the time that he has a face for radio and belongs BEHIND the camera

All kidding aside, if you need a few extra bucks, Foley is always throwing away stuff thats worth money. Just keep an eye on him if he makes it back to a round or two because I made $30 for selling this kid one of his cameras

Now if by now you haven't picked up on the fact that we have a sense of humor, then I can't help you

So if you see us looking like we need a water, we probably do. If we look hungry, we are, and if your a hot single women, stay away from both of us. Our wives are alot meaner then we are

Ok, now that you get a sense of what the heck we do and how much fun we have doing it, back to the coverage. For Yankee's, you guys sure are a fun loving bunch. Every time my lens would scan the crowd (searching for hot women ofcourse!) I could easily pick out smiles and people having fun.....and thats what alot of this is about. Family and friends expierencing the victory and defeat that comes with competition. I am very glad to see this in our sport so again, be forewarned, I may catch you by surprise from 3/4 away across the track!

Did I say Yankee's? Well folks, I am from West by God Virginia so running and gunning up north should be a big change of venue. So whats a West Virginny boy to do on race day...go shoot some Yankees and thats exactly what I did. (Foley is south of the Mason Dixon line as well, but we call him one of our own regardless of how he acts! )

Saturday is practice day and there was alot of it! Now when I first set boots on that track and scanned it for some good locations to shoot, I was a bit let down. At first glance it looked one lined, sandy and dusty. However, the track crews worked some magic saturday evening and had a decent track set up for you guys come sunday morning!

Maybe that rough and whooped track was just to get you guys primed as this was your first race of the season!

And guys, I will let you know in advance, if you wreck, we usually catch it

Some big names would be on hand for this race, including Joe Haavisto. Joe had his Kawi flying during practice and everyone knew he would be the man to beat.

Now I know not everyone was ready for the high temperatures. Man its plum to early for 90 degrees You guys had my respect for ripping around in that stuff as the humidity rose during the afternoon!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast