Thread: 86 LT250R Rear shock?

86 LT250R Rear shock?

I am looking into buying an 86 LT250R, but it's rear shock leaks. I have a few questions. Is there anywhere to get a rebuild kit for the air cylinder? Are the rear shocks from the 86 interchangable with any other years? And does anyone have one for sale? Thanks a bunch!

Good question and hope to see some answers, my cousin is about to buy a 88' and we need to know if anyone has used a rear shock off another quad. Does anything else mount up on the rear of these?
    Arens framed, Ohlins/LSR suspended, CT265 national, long rod with spacer, CR ignition, VForce, Hinson, Coolhead, 38PJ, Renthal, Sidewinder, RK, Douglas, Maxxis, OMF, Denton, Nac's, Greydon, AVS, ect. ect. ect. oh yeah and Amsoil #1 50:1 with 110 FYI

and now a 87 woods monster project dubbed "project dust bag" CT330 building for my little brother.

I have a few parts left over after re-building my 86 250r, and one of the parts im not keeping is the rear shock and a junk frame (cracked in a few spots) the shock ''seems'' to be in good shape, $10 bucks and the price of shipping and you can have it.
    07' trx450r-lexx mxe pipe, hotcam stage 2,cdi, jetted with k&n
    07' ltz400- yosi pipe,jetted, k&n,cdi
    86' lt250r quadracer-fmf pipe&silencer
    08' silverado
    75'nova SS 350/4speed
    IMCA open wheel modified- 360ci,balanced&blue printed,kieth black pop ups,2.05/1.60 vortec heads, 301* .526 lift comp cam,holley strip dominator, holley 750 double pumper

If he buys this 88 on monday then I'll take dibs on that.

I've done some research today and it looks like nothing else is a direct fit and there are only a couple possible choices. These things have eye to eye style mount in 88' sorry I don't remember looking at this one yesturday.

Front shocks are eye to eye but most are 16" or longer. LT is 15" rear, I believe.

A front could work 300ex maybe? or something with limited travel blaster ect... but the spring rate would probably be way off???
    and no I wasn't even thinking a stock front blaster shock lol.
    Arens framed, Ohlins/LSR suspended, CT265 national, long rod with spacer, CR ignition, VForce, Hinson, Coolhead, 38PJ, Renthal, Sidewinder, RK, Douglas, Maxxis, OMF, Denton, Nac's, Greydon, AVS, ect. ect. ect. oh yeah and Amsoil #1 50:1 with 110 FYI

and now a 87 woods monster project dubbed "project dust bag" CT330 building for my little brother.

Originally posted by chevys&honda$
    I have a few parts left over after re-building my 86 250r, and one of the parts im not keeping is the rear shock and a junk frame (cracked in a few spots) the shock ''seems'' to be in good shape, $10 bucks and the price of shipping and you can have it.

eh sorry he bought a banshee

I don't believe they are interchange with anything else just like the swing arms are diffrent on the first gen from the second gen lt's Im parting out 2 lt's if I don't sell them by this week. ones a 86 and the other is a 90 .

do u still have the rear shock for the 86?
    how much shipped to 15801?
    86 racer,
    fmf gold series and power core
    k&n filter
    holeshots
    87 plastics