Thread: Electrical Help Asap

Electrical Help Asap

Hey everyone, new user here...

I recently picked up a 1998 Yamaha Warrior 350 for my girlfriend to ride, it was in good shape and just needed a good cleaning. The bike ran fine... until I took it to the car wash. Gave the bike a good hosing down, and since then it wont start. I fired it up right away and it ran for a minute or so then it died. Theres a brand new battery and starter. I also access to a 1994?? parts quad. The neutral light comes on, the main fuse is fine theres just no signal going to the starter solenoid. With the key ON, press the Start button and I get nothing in return. Main fuse is good, I tried swapping solenoids and relays but still nothing. I followed the troubleshooting guide in my manual, tested for continuity and the switches are good, theres power going to both relays, switches, solenoids, CDI etc... I cant find any broken wires so the only thing I'm left with is the possibility that a relay is busted, or the CDI. I dont know if it makes a difference but when i turn on the key the green relay clicks and feels kind of warm, but the white dosnt. Even when I bypass the starter solenoid with a screwdriver the motor will crank, but theres no spark from the plug. Can someone please help me here, Im lost and need this thing fixed ASAP...

Thanks,

MIKE

Take a test light to the push button and see if you get power when pushing it.
    Take the battery cables off and clean them.

battery connections are good, and theres power going to the switch (brown wire) , but when i press the switch I dont get power, but i get continuity (red/white) ????

check your park brake switch, jump those 2 wires together and see if that fixes your problem, thats a notorious problem on the warriors. if thats the case, just get rid of that crap
    "The Cowboy"
    '96 built to the hilt warrior

cardomain.com/id/glass_cow

checked the park brake, still no go....

sounds like you lost the stator then bud. thats the only other thing i can think of and thats a fairly common thing on them too. if you pull it off, your local dealer should be able to test it for ya, but the good news is that a new stator from ricky stator is not horrible expensive and it wont burn up like the stocker, but id put money on it being the stator went out on ya.
    "The Cowboy"
    '96 built to the hilt warrior

cardomain.com/id/glass_cow