Thread: Is this a good buy?

Is this a good buy?

Hey, I've been in the market for another 250R a while now. I found one that is pretty clean but want to see if it would be a good deal for the price.

It's an 88 250R. Has LRD chome pipe and silencer, Vforce reeds, Kehin 38mm carb, Wiseco 310 kit, ported for mid range, durablue +2 axle, +2 a-arms chrome, polished swingarm with new bearings, Works shocks with remote res. new clutch, brand new plastics, nerfs, etc. It is in the shop now getting a new stator, new crank bearings, and a fresh top-end. I can pick this up for $3000.

Does that sound fair for this quad? I went and looked at it today at the shop and it is in pretty good condition, frame is straight, no cracks.

yep, that's a good price.
    TRX330r (Parted Out)

06' LTR450 (Stolen!!!).......R.I.P.

06' CBR600RR (SOLD)

TRX250R - The classic, the legend, the icon, the BEAST!!......the reason ATV's are where they are today.

sounds like a decent deal to me...i'll buy it

Ok, I'm going to pick this up Friday. I can't wait to get out and let it rip. Once I get it, I will be posting some pics, and also have some questions on a few of the parts. I can't believe how much info is on this site and look forward to getting more involved in the chat.

Haha I like your username...

I would offer 2500 and see what he says. Then go from there.
    Sounds like a solid bike though and welcome to the site.
    "you always gotta have ur ambulance scene in every moto vid"..sean H-4

1988 Honda TRX250R ground up project
    2008 Yamaha Raptor 700 SE- Stock
    Laegers narrow CR500 link frame (just the frame for now)

Well, the guy I'm buying it from has only had it for about a month. It was the first quad that he ever had. Well he rode it once and it was too much for him to handle so he bought a stock 400ex. I went to look at it and he was going to do $2800, but it wouldn't start. I told him I was still interested in it like that, but he wanted to have it fixed first. Well he called me back the next day and said he took it into a local shop. I called the shop to see what was going on. Turns out that the crank bearings were wore enough that the flywheel took out the stator. And basically while it is apart it's getting rings and new gaskets too. His bill is going to be around $900. So he won't budge from $3000 now. But i guess at least it's fresh and should be tight.

Sounds like a good deal. Especially since the engine will be fresh. If i was you, to make sure the work was done and the guy is legit. Get the receits for the engine work. Just for peace of mind....
    03 Laeger yz450 pro trax hybrid-being rebuilt...

2003 CR 250- few bolt ons to say the least

00 LSR/Elka 250r- SOLD