Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: stupid raptor...

stupid raptor...

out of pure curiosity i browsed the raptor forum of this site... and looksy what i seen... a raptor with pipe, intake and pciii that gets rolled by a yfz450 LMFAO........ raptor freaks

[Quote:
    slow 700r needs help
    I have an 07 raptor 700r fuel injected with some basic goodies such as GYTR pipe, K@N filter and power commander, I thought my bike was fast till this past weekend I drag raced my old 04 yfz 450 and was shocked that we ran neck and neck, I couldn't pull on him and he could pull on me, now this is an embarrassment to me because I hyped this bike up to be the best out there. now if I knew this I woulds have saved my money and kept my 450.

So what would it take for me to back up all that smack I was talking amongst my friends.
    Quote]
    HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAAAAHAHHAHAHHAAAAAA
    Aliens can blend, right on in with your kin, so look again.

It always suprises me the animosity 700xx owners have towards Raptors....

I have raced 2 different 700xx's, and have defeated both handily...

What that probably means is that I am a better rider, or maybe I just got the jump on them.....yet I have NEVER said anything bad about a 700xx. What's with all the hatin'?

The Raptor HAS won every shootout against the 700xx I have seen.........maytbe that's it.....
    NEVER mistake lack of talent for genius.

2006 Yamaha Raptor 700
    ITP holeshot HD
    Powermadd hand guards
    nerf bars
    Renthall handlebars
    GYTR filter
    Full system HMF exhaust
    15t sprocket
    Power commander III

2005 CRF450r
    MRD exhaust
    Twin Air filter
    Kibblewhite SS valves
    Hinson dirt clutch

1986 250r. Aftermarket EVERYTHING

1986 trx with a cr500 motor ready to go in. build IN PROGRESS. Let me know if you have parts

2009 YFZ450. Pro Design air filter kit
    Cam mod
    Motoworks slip-on

Originally posted by scottwvu
    It always suprises me the animosity 700xx owners have towards Raptors....

I have raced 2 different 700xx's, and have defeated both handily...

What that probably means is that I am a better rider, or maybe I just got the jump on them.....yet I have NEVER said anything bad about a 700xx. What's with all the hatin'?

The Raptor HAS won every shootout against the 700xx I have seen.........maytbe that's it.....
    It's no different than 700r owners towards anyone else. It's not just 700xx owners. Honda riders haven't had anything till now that directly competed with the 700r. But now we do and the raptor people don't like it. They have been replaced as king of the hill. I raced a 700r last week and the result wasn't pretty. He lost. He thought the 700xx was really cool, and surprised how fast it was because of everything he read about it. It's magazine's that either make or break a ATV or dirt bike. The owners of 700xx's and the people that get beat by one know what the 700xx is capable of.
    2008 400EX Red/Black
    Full Yoshimura RS3 Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Sparks Timing Advance Key,Uni Filter, Jetted @152mj-42pj, Choke removed, 13 tooth front sprocket,
    Moose Racing Skid Plates
    426 build has started!!

2008 Honda 700xx Yoshimura RS2, PCIII w/Bo White custom map, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, 13 Tooth Front Sprocket, Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), PRM A-Arm Skids, Pro Armor Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR front/rear, And Much MUCH More To Come...
    Skilled riders only need ground clearance to go anywhere, not 4 wheel drive

2008 Yamaha Wolverine 450 (girl friends ride)
    2010 BMW 135 coupe Monaco Blue/Gray
    1997 Toyota Supra TT
    A few bolts on's and 1,036hp

exactly lots of guys bought raptors to be top dog of the neighborhood and now that the 700xx is out there 700rs are not the top dog anymore. Not that any raptor owner would admit that they will just come up with excuses. They really don' t need to thought the raptor is a great quad, just isn't the fastest anymore which really shouldn't be a big deal when choosing a quad.

Originally posted by sprayedgt
    It's no different than 700r owners towards anyone else. It's not just 700xx owners. Honda riders haven't had anything till now that directly competed with the 700r. But now we do and the raptor people don't like it. They have been replaced as king of the hill. I raced a 700r last week and the result wasn't pretty. He lost. He thought the 700xx was really cool, and surprised how fast it was because of everything he read about it. It's magazine's that either make or break a ATV or dirt bike. The owners of 700xx's and the people that get beat by one know what the 700xx is capable of.

Please allow me to clarify my earlier post:

Fact #1. Raptor owners can be very arrogant. To the point of being sickening.

Fact #2. NOT ALL, but a LOT of 700xx owners are starting to make the same mistake (being arrogant).

Fact #3. EVERY shootout I have read, the Raptor comes out on top of the 700xx in speed, power, ect. (So what makes you think the 700xx is the new ''top dog"? I have YET to see ANY proof that this is true).

Fact #4. I am nobody. My opinions are just that. Nothing more. Nothing. Please don't be offended, as this is NOT my intention.

2006 Yamaha Raptor 700
    ITP holeshot HD
    Powermadd hand guards
    nerf bars
    Renthall handlebars
    GYTR filter
    Full system HMF exhaust
    15t sprocket
    Power commander III

2005 CRF450r
    MRD exhaust
    Twin Air filter
    Kibblewhite SS valves
    Hinson dirt clutch

1986 trx with a cr500 motor ready to go in. build IN PROGRESS. Let me know if you have parts

Cam mod
    Motoworks slip-on

Please allow me to clarify my earlier post:

Fact #1. Raptor owners can be very arrogant. To the point of being sickening.

Fact #2. NOT ALL, but a LOT of 700xx owners are starting to make the same mistake (being arrogant).

Fact #3. EVERY shootout I have read, the Raptor comes out on top of the 700xx in speed, power, ect. (So what makes you think the 700xx is the new ''top dog"? I have YET to see ANY proof that this is true).

Fact #4. I am nobody. My opinions are just that. Nothing more. Nothing. Please don't be offended, as this is NOT my intention.
    #1 All owners can be ignorant, You can spot so many "raptor" guys cause there are so many, When the XX is full swing you will see more of the same type. Owning a bike doesn't make you ignorant its just ignorant people buy bikes also

#2 True

#3 A stock XX DOES have more power and higher top end, Proof?? Baja 500 and 1000 not enough?

#4 I fell ya, this is just my opinion also
    I do not fear what the future holds for me, I am not afraid to die

Magazine reviews against different companies mean absolutely nothing!!!!! If a company is dumping tons more dollars more than another company, do you think a mag. company is going to rip their product or give it a bad review or say it is inferior to there biggest competitor? If I were going to buy a new bike a magazine is the last place I would look for advice. Buisness is far more important than giving an honest review. Yamaha dumps way more money in advertising than Honda. According to dirt wheels and all the other mags out there Yamaha has been dominating Honda for years and yet in reality that is far from the case. Just my .02

Originally posted by matt14c
    Magazine reviews against different companies mean absolutely nothing!!!!! If a company is dumping tons more dollars more than another company, do you think a mag. company is going to rip their product or give it a bad review or say it is inferior to there biggest competitor? If I were going to buy a new bike a magazine is the last place I would look for advice. Buisness is far more important than giving an honest review. Yamaha dumps way more money in advertising than Honda. According to dirt wheels and all the other mags out there Yamaha has been dominating Honda for years and yet in reality that is far from the case. Just my .02
    I can honestly say I depend on "word of mouth" (Internet, friends) than I do a magazine's opinion. I believe there is a slant in opinions as far as magazines go (Dirtwheels).

I also work at a Yamaha-Polaris dealership. Yet I would be completely honest about my opinion if somebody were to ask. I believe with all my heart that Honda has the best dirtbikes (I have one) yet believe that Yamaha is the best in the ATV world (except for maybe KTM....who knows? They are just too expensive to ride).

I don't believe I have said anything negative about the 700xx. I just don't like it when someone bashes Raptors, cause I have one. If I were to actually LOOSE to an xx, I might be convinced.

As far as the 700xx winning the Baja is concerned, when it comes to racing (quads or dirtbikes) I believe that Honda has the best components. However the argument was about a guy on a Raptor that lost to a YFZ!

I was defending Raptors, NOT attacking xx's.

2006 Yamaha Raptor 700
    ITP holeshot HD
    Powermadd hand guards
    nerf bars
    Renthall handlebars
    GYTR filter
    Full system HMF exhaust
    15t sprocket
    Power commander III

2005 CRF450r
    MRD exhaust
    Twin Air filter
    Kibblewhite SS valves
    Hinson dirt clutch

Cam mod
    Motoworks slip-on

I can honestly say I depend on "word of mouth" (Internet, friends) than I do a magazine's opinion. I believe there is a slant in opinions as far as magazines go (Dirtwheels).

I also work at a Yamaha-Polaris dealership. Yet I would be completely honest about my opinion if somebody were to ask. I believe with all my heart that Honda has the best dirtbikes (I have one) yet believe that Yamaha is the best in the ATV world (except for maybe KTM....who knows? They are just too expensive to ride).

I don't believe I have said anything negative about the 700xx. I just don't like it when someone bashes Raptors, cause I have one. If I were to actually LOOSE to an xx, I might be convinced.

As far as the 700xx winning the Baja is concerned, when it comes to racing (quads or dirtbikes) I believe that Honda has the best components. However the argument was about a guy on a Raptor that lost to a YFZ!

I was defending Raptors, NOT attacking xx's.
    Its LOSE, not LOOSE. haha, anyways...I dont like when people bash other quads as well. I own a XX and I like all other quads as well. Every company makes a great machine. Raptors are awesome but IRS is sweet for trails. I road yesterday and yfz's and Raptors alike were going so slow around this dirt track because of the uneven/bumpy terrain. The xx was soaking up all the bumps and uneven ground with ease. I'm really happy with what Honda has done here.
    New hotness: 2008 Honda 700XX...
    EHS big 3, L8ton Racing sway bar

The old: 2002 Honda 400ex
    Weisco 11:1 piston
    St. 1 hot cam
    K&N intake
    Dyno jet st. 2
    Yosh exhaust
    ishock 5500 +2
    Works Quadstar rear

Originally posted by Backstabber
    Its LOSE, not LOOSE. haha, anyways...I dont like when people bash other quads as well. I own a XX and I like all other quads as well. Every company makes a great machine. Raptors are awesome but IRS is sweet for trails. I road yesterday and yfz's and Raptors alike were going so slow around this dirt track because of the uneven/bumpy terrain. The xx was soaking up all the bumps and uneven ground with ease. I'm really happy with what Honda has done here.
    L-O-S-E- got it! I would like to own an IRS sport quad one day so I can enjoy the very thing you described.

2006 Yamaha Raptor 700
    ITP holeshot HD
    Powermadd hand guards
    nerf bars
    Renthall handlebars
    GYTR filter
    Full system HMF exhaust
    15t sprocket
    Power commander III

2005 CRF450r
    MRD exhaust
    Twin Air filter
    Kibblewhite SS valves
    Hinson dirt clutch

Cam mod
    Motoworks slip-on

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast