Thread: 2006 Yamaha Wolverine Mods??

2006 Yamaha Wolverine Mods??

I just got a super deal on a 2006 Wolverine, took it out to the mountains in the snow and mud and had a blast! Didnt know you could have that much fun in four wheel drive I am sold on this style machine. Now the important part what mods are people doing to these machines as far as suspension, motor, clutch, and tires and wheels?
    I have a tricked out Polaris Outlaw 525 as my other wheeler but looking to have fun upgrading this Wolverine.
    I feel the first area I want fix is the suspension it seems awfully stiff and harsh over rocks and roots.

I have one in my invatory, it is my wifes, we have had it a year it is a 2006...

1. Our springs were stiff, we just adjusted and moved on...not worth spending 500+ to get upgraded ones, no yfz springs will not work.
    2. You can do the basics filter, jet kit, and pipe that will open her up i am sure...
    3. you want to go even faster there is a company that makes a bore kit for the wolvy i think it goes to 480cc give or take a few, i've researched it and there where a few that had it and swore it flew, i believe it....
    4. we had a lot of problems with water, and its idle, quick fix for the shop at 100.00 runs great....
    5. Other then that PM me for any questions you might have...
    07 426ex 11.5, uni, LRD full exhaust, fan cooled, dyno tuned, air boxed removed, runs with 450's we can say...

08 700xx uni, need one bike to cross water...