Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: yfz 450 shock installation

That looks bad a** how much difference did it make compared to the stockers?

wat is the ground clearance now?
    02 400ex
    04 yfz450

Originally posted by ae13291
    wat is the ground clearance now?
    its a little under 11 inches now but thats with the preload all the way up.ill let you know once i get them adjusted right
    fan cooled 416
    Je10:8:1Piston-HotRodsRod-Crf450TimingChain-KibblewhiteValves/Springs-HotCamsStage2-CometicGaskets-GttStuds-HMF Slip-on/GrindedHeaderWelds-WbRevBox-

PRM Skids-Pro Armour Nerfs-Pro Design Tether-UNI filter-YFZ450 Shocks up front-Race Tech revalved Zps Dual Rate in back

Rear:kenda knarleys
    Front:kenda KLaw xc
    On DouglasQuadRoks

Originally posted by 400exrider139
    That looks bad a** how much difference did it make compared to the stockers?
    i probably wont get to ride till this weekend but i can definitely tell a difference.i had my quad on the grab bar and when i dropped it down it didnt jump up right away the the pogo sticks that were on it before
    fan cooled 416
    Je10:8:1Piston-HotRodsRod-Crf450TimingChain-KibblewhiteValves/Springs-HotCamsStage2-CometicGaskets-GttStuds-HMF Slip-on/GrindedHeaderWelds-WbRevBox-

PRM Skids-Pro Armour Nerfs-Pro Design Tether-UNI filter-YFZ450 Shocks up front-Race Tech revalved Zps Dual Rate in back

Rear:kenda knarleys
    Front:kenda KLaw xc
    On DouglasQuadRoks

are these any good on the trails?
    02 400ex
    k&n filer with outerwheres
    ac nerf bars
    choke removed
    parking break removed
    spark boot mod

I was thinking about doing the same mod and was wanting to hear some feed back so keep us informed!

i was riding my friends yfz450 and the shocks are real good, i like them alot, its just the ground clearance that isent as good when these shocks are installed, i would rather go with the kfx450 shocks for trail riding, and for mx the yfz450 shocks seem to make the a arms straight witch is better.
    02 400ex
    04 yfz450

Yeah when I did this mod, I adjusted the preload tighter to make the ride height about .5 to .75 inches lower than stock shocks adjusted as soft as possible. They are great shocks and ride so much smoother than stock. On trails and whoops they have a lack of travel for the ex it feels like sometimes because they are a little shorter. I really like the lower ride height and you still do not bottom out very easily. It does require quite a bit of milling on the top shock eye however...
    2002 Honda 400ex
    HMF slip-on, YFZ 450 front shocks, Razr 2's all around, OMF Beadlocks, Curtis Sparks Advance Timing Key, UNI Filter, Outerwears lid, PRM Baja Bumper and rear skid, Maier belly skid, RK, Streamline Stabilizer, 42K Pilot Jet, 155K Main Jet

has anybody ever instaled the kfx450 shocks on a 400ex
    02 400ex
    k&n filer with outerwheres
    ac nerf bars
    choke removed
    parking break removed
    spark boot mod

There way better than stock. You can adj them to be rock hard or adj them to be soft where you get to much body roll in the turns.

A 400ex with yfz450 shocks vs a 400ex with 450r shocks, the yfz450 shocked 400ex is going to handle the jumps and turns way better. With MX tires I had my ex dropped to about 6" for mx.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast