Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: yfz 450 shock installation

Hybrid View

yfz 450 shock installation

i just got some new shocks off ebay so i figuired id show what has to be done to install them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    fan cooled 416
    Je10:8:1Piston-HotRodsRod-Crf450TimingChain-KibblewhiteValves/Springs-HotCamsStage2-CometicGaskets-GttStuds-HMF Slip-on/GrindedHeaderWelds-WbRevBox-

PRM Skids-Pro Armour Nerfs-Pro Design Tether-UNI filter-YFZ450 Shocks up front-Race Tech revalved Zps Dual Rate in back

Rear:kenda knarleys
    Front:kenda KLaw xc
    On DouglasQuadRoks

on a 400ex
    For every good post, there are 5 bad. If you remember that you will be fine

Exriders.com

myspace/dave450r

heres the stock shock next to it
    fan cooled 416
    Je10:8:1Piston-HotRodsRod-Crf450TimingChain-KibblewhiteValves/Springs-HotCamsStage2-CometicGaskets-GttStuds-HMF Slip-on/GrindedHeaderWelds-WbRevBox-

PRM Skids-Pro Armour Nerfs-Pro Design Tether-UNI filter-YFZ450 Shocks up front-Race Tech revalved Zps Dual Rate in back

On DouglasQuadRoks

heres the ride height before with the preload all the way up.its just a little over a foot.
    fan cooled 416

On DouglasQuadRoks

the bottom part of the shocks fit perfectly but the top i wasnt so lucky.
    fan cooled 416

On DouglasQuadRoks

this is how much i took off.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHAT I SHOULD DO ABOUT THE PART THAT STICKS OUT ON THE BUSHINGS.I GRINDED IT DOWN SO ITS COMPLETELY FLAT.I WAS THINKING ABOUT USING WASHERS?IS THIS A GOOD IDEA FOR WILL IT JUST MAKE THE SHOCKS TO WEAK CAUSE ILL HAVE TO GRIND THEM DOWN MORE AND WHATS THE POINT OF THEM STICKING OUT?
    fan cooled 416

On DouglasQuadRoks

after that it still didnt fit so i took a little off the inside i actually took off a little more than needed.
    fan cooled 416

On DouglasQuadRoks

i also got that nut off and used a dremel to grind down the rear shock mount so it would fit better
    fan cooled 416

On DouglasQuadRoks

here it is with the shocks on!!
    fan cooled 416

On DouglasQuadRoks

it definitely lowered the ride height but this is with all the settings all the way soft so i should be able to get it a few inches higher.
    fan cooled 416

On DouglasQuadRoks

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast