Thread: 450r front shocks

450r front shocks

Well I finally broke down and did it. Put the 450r front shocks on my 400 and WOW what a difference. They take so much more abuse and don't leave me with that awful sound of metal hitting metal like my stockers would when I'd bottom out. But one thing is correct about them they are stiff which I don't mind so much because I'm not spending the cash to have then revalved and resprung anytime soon. But one thing I found false at least on mine is the ride hieght didn't change after I let it off the jack after install which I thought was interesting because everybody on here (most of everybody) said it will. But here's some pics can't tell much but you deffintley can feel it.

Before:
    Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

After:

2004 Ford Lightning
    2008 400ex
    UNI filter
    Slightly modified airbox lid
    Big Gun EVO R slip on
    Sparks key
    Grounded header welds
    155main 42pilot
    rock pro t-9 nerfs
    450r front shocks
    Itp gncc
    Tag x-5 bars
    4 inch spal fan
    Hid lights

Looking good, would you say they are to stiff for average trail riding? Hows that Big Gun holding up so far?

my stock spring/valved 450r shocks work GREAT with +2 arms.. doesnt sit to high, and not to stiff either.. I was surprised they work so good

Palm Beach County and Port Orange, Florida
    Originally posted by RNL
    Looking good, would you say they are to stiff for average trail riding? Hows that Big Gun holding up so far?
    I think they are perfect for trails.. It makes a huge difference over stock.. I can fly over whoops at high speeds where as my friends with the stock shocks get thrown around pretty good.. You can also mess with the rebound and such to make them even better.. I have them set a little slower than stock and they work beautifully.

Are you judging ride height by the pictures? Ride height is measured with the rider on board. That's probably why you didn't notice it.
    08 450R

I put a set of 450r shocks on mine also and had the same result. My ride height didn't change either. I ride pretty aggresive and the stiffness is about right for me. They also went on without any grinding to anything just knocked off that fender nut. Heck of an upgrade.

No I'm not going by pictures, and even if I was be kinda hard to take a pic of the hole quad with me on it don't ya think?
    2004 Ford Lightning
    2008 400ex
    UNI filter
    Slightly modified airbox lid
    Big Gun EVO R slip on
    Sparks key
    Grounded header welds
    155main 42pilot
    rock pro t-9 nerfs
    450r front shocks
    Itp gncc
    Tag x-5 bars