Thread: King quad smoking

King quad smoking

I just bought a used 2006 King quad 700. When I bought it, it wasn't smoking. Now I have realized that when cold, it smokes a lot until the engine gets to operating temp. I am in the process of getting the extended warranty transfered. Is this something that would be covered under the warranty? What would have caused this. The atv was maintainenced at a local atv shop professionaly. It is also leaking coolant around the water pump. The rear a-arm joints are kinda loose. This is the first suzuki I have purchased and so far, I am not impressed. Should have stuck with honda.
    2000 416ex
    Weisco 11:1 piston
    White brothers pipe
    K&N
    Maxxis Razrs
    White Brothers CDI
    Stage 1 Hotcam

2006 Honda 450ER "Bone Stock"

#1What color is the smoke? White? Its normal if it is. All engines do it.

#2. ITS USED!!!!! It just need maintence done to it. Your A arm bushings are worn out. I have 2 years of racing on my king quad and never had a bushing wear out because every few races I would clean them. I am guessing someone liked to go mud riding and never do the maintence.

How many miles are on it?
    V-Twin King Quad

White smoke. It smoke quite a bit until warm.

Must be. I think I am going to replace them with polyurethane.

2000 416ex
    Weisco 11:1 piston
    White brothers pipe
    K&N
    Maxxis Razrs
    White Brothers CDI
    Stage 1 Hotcam

2006 Honda 450ER "Bone Stock"

As far as the leak around the water pump you might need to replace the mechanical seal or it could just be a gasket. And the smoke you've got some blow by but I wouldn't worry bout until it gets real bad or your machine doesn't have enough compression to crank. Not every machine smokes unless it's a 2 stroke.

I don't know about the warranty but I know exactly how you feel about not sticking to a Honda. Just bought an Eiger and wishing I had waited until I found a Rancher.