Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shocks

Shocks

Anyone know if 450SX shocks would bolt up to an LTR? To me they look longer. I think LTR shocks are around 17.5" eye to eye. Anyone know the length on SX shocks?
    Thanks to my 2014 sponsors, Spy Racing, Fasst Company, Rath Racing, ODI grips, AXO racing, Yoshimura, Renthal, Twin Air, Leatt, and Powermadd.

18.625" stock for the SX eye to eye.

Jay
    2009 KTM 450 SX - Race Bike
    2009 KTM 450 SX - Practice Bike

Thanks to my 2009 Sponsors: KTM Factory Support, Motosports Factory,Rocket Ron Racing, Clutch Industries,Twin Air,EVS Sports,CP Pistons, Leo Vince Exhausts, Blitz Vision,Division 26 Clothing, DRG , FourWerx , ASV Inventions, KB Motorsports, WP Suspension
    www.fwcarbon.com
    email: Jay@fwcarbon.com

Do you think they would work? Could revalving resolve the extra inch?
    Thanks to my 2014 sponsors, Spy Racing, Fasst Company, Rath Racing, ODI grips, AXO racing, Yoshimura, Renthal, Twin Air, Leatt, and Powermadd.

NO

shocks

ktm stock shocks are worse than stock ltr anyway
    07 Quad-C Champion
    08 Quad-B 3rd Tore ACL and Cracked knee cap
    09 Quad-A 4th overall
    Sponsors:ATP Racing Engines-Fox Racing Shox-Motosport Outlet-Rath Racing-Pro-Link Suspension-oury grips-ITP-yoshimura-quadtech-pivot works-rocky mountain

Hahahahaha Im going to have to disagree with that. The wp's are stiff, thats for sure. But after a valving and respring they can easily compete on the national level with great success

shocks

yea im saying off the showroom floor the ltr is better. and wayne from PEP would disagree with you on that.
    07 Quad-C Champion
    09 Quad-A 4th overall
    Sponsors:ATP Racing Engines-Fox Racing Shox-Motosport Outlet-Rath Racing-Pro-Link Suspension-oury grips-ITP-yoshimura-quadtech-pivot works-rocky mountain

Wayne from PEP is doin tons of work on these shocks. For 1500 he is redoing all of these shocks with internal modifications along with revalve and respring to get another inch of travel out of all 3 shocks I believe. And Jody from JB Racing is modifying the stock aarms to accomidate the extra travel.

shocks

ohh i kno my mechanic has one with the jb mod lower arms but wayne told him that with all the work they do to them that he couldn't get the stock shocks as good as the big bottle pb'1s
    07 Quad-C Champion
    09 Quad-A 4th overall

Bringing them to the level of PB1's is a pretty tough task in itself! I personally think they are the best shocks on the market so getting them to that level is pretty rough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast