Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Blaster, 300ex, 250ex, 250x ... whats the best?

yea i agree i race Neatv 200/300 on a 300ex and 300ex's got'em beat, very few blasters stay up front..plus less maitnance, better stock suspension. longer travel etc

i considered both quads but went with the 300ex. either way there both good bikes im just a honda guy and so is my dad but thats a nice blaster
    2006 450ER black.HRC,Acerbis,Pro-Taper,Pro-Armour,DG,K&N,Pro-moto intake,ITP,Tusk,Skat-Trak,Maxxis,Dunlop..to many tires
    2002 cr250 FMF turbine core 2+Gnarly,Uni/Maxima,Steahly FWW,Works Connection rad braces,Cycra pro-bends,Plastic bash plate
    2000 XR50 TAG,Red Baron,TB
    400ex,400ex,500 Rubicon.
    BLOOD, SWEAT, AND GEARS

Originally posted by 300ex racer 91
    yea i agree i race Neatv 200/300 on a 300ex and 300ex's got'em beat, very few blasters stay up front..plus less maitnance, better stock suspension. longer travel etc
    less maintainance for a blaster... its a 2-stroke. 2-strokes are less maintainance
    If you can't modify it why have it???

my dad and i considered a blaster, warrior, 300ex and 400ex back when i was 12, i guess you can assume which one we agreed on
    02 Warrior
    Lonestar, Elka, Houser, Yoshimura, American Star Racing, Flexx
    04 Crf50

ohiomafiariders.com

Originally posted by 300ex racer 91
    haha i started out on a old yamaha moto 2 200cc, it had no suspension!!!! so then i bought a warrior and i love the stock suspension... i really don't know any better cuz i never ride anything else to know if it is good or if it sucks...but it's fine with me

the blaster was a good choice, yes a 300ex would be nice(reverse) but a blaster is a really great quad for a beginer or just someone who likes to be able to throw it around...

haha^^ youd be surprised how much them stock shocs suck, even compared to banshee shocks their pogo stick that bottom out all the time
    02 Warrior
    Lonestar, Elka, Houser, Yoshimura, American Star Racing, Flexx
    04 Crf50

ohiomafiariders.com

i had a warrior as my first quad and i thought it was great. its not really bad at all but when you move on to others you will know the difference. actually the blaster and warrior have the same horsepower.

2 smokes are less maintenance then 4 strokes? What world are you living in? I've owned them both and you have to work on a 2 smoke way more then a 4 stroke. All u have to do to our 300 ex is change the oil and race it. We have 7 2 hr XC races on our Honda and haven't had to do a thing and he's never even come close to being beat by a 2 smoker and I don't see it ever happening!
    Michael Mussi Jr #838
    07 Honda 300ex Tricked out
    2 Time GNCC National Champion
    Special Thanks to Hetrick Racing,Demotto Honda & Yamaha, Elza's cycle and atv's, Muffler,Brakes and More, K&K Customs. Teter Automotive,Engine Builder Don Sturdivant.
    The money spent on Michael's quads seem's like a million bucks.
    The smile on his face after winning the race WORTH IT !!!!

Originally posted by Arctic Cat Dad
    2 smokes are less maintenance then 4 strokes? What world are you living in? I've owned them both and you have to work on a 2 smoke way more then a 4 stroke. All u have to do to our 300 ex is change the oil and race it. We have 7 2 hr XC races on our Honda and haven't had to do a thing and he's never even come close to being beat by a 2 smoker and I don't see it ever happening!
    well, you apparently dont know what you are talking about. have you ever rebuilt a 4-stroke?? a 2-stroke you bor/piston/rings and its ready to go.

and put your 300ex up against a trx250r...mine basically stock runs all day on 400ex and alot of 450s

Yes I have built 4 strokes there easy and you don't have to do it that often. And about your 250r yea there fast but let's see how long it will last in a 2 hr mudfest XC race with the temp reaching around 90 degrees. I've seen them show up and I've seen them, not finishing the race. Most of the time they overheat and there done and the 300ex will do this race after race.
    Michael Mussi Jr #838
    07 Honda 300ex Tricked out
    2 Time GNCC National Champion
    Special Thanks to Hetrick Racing,Demotto Honda & Yamaha, Elza's cycle and atv's, Muffler,Brakes and More, K&K Customs. Teter Automotive,Engine Builder Don Sturdivant.
    The money spent on Michael's quads seem's like a million bucks.
    The smile on his face after winning the race WORTH IT !!!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast