Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Blaster, 300ex, 250ex, 250x ... whats the best?

Originally posted by nakomis0
    I just showed my kid these picks, He didn't even notice it was our backyard. Ha... then I told him he ain't gonna get quad that nice cause he would probably just crash it.
    lol
    thats great

hes gonna go crazy
    thats a good deal for 900$
    a good stepping stone too
    Black 2007 TRX 250EX.....Still.
    1992 Ford Bronco XLT

i dont know your kid....but if i were you (which im not) i would let him ride the blaster all the time....i had one at 12-13yrs old and was fully capable of handling it, and im sure your kid is too...there really not that bad, and the powerband isnt too surprising, just gotta watch out if climbing big hills (blaster being short), but thats just my opinio...but he is your son so you should know, and anyways nice looking blaster, especially for $900 !!!

hope he likes it.....!!!
    01 416ex
    03 kx250

good luck with those rear brakes. They are a pain in the neck and were not designed right. i traded mine for my 300ex this past fall. anyway, i have the shorty cable for the rear brakes and new pads i could sell you that are in good shape. nice blaster by the way. i bought the hydraulic kit from someone who bought it on ebay for $180 and that was really nice. here's a pic of what it looked like:

2002 250 ex
    HMF full exhaust
    polished throttle cover
    dg front bumper
    twin air filter
    jetted carb
    300ex shock on rear

Originally posted by dirtrider77
    i dont know your kid....but if i were you (which im not) i would let him ride the blaster all the time....i had one at 12-13yrs old and was fully capable of handling it, and im sure your kid is too...there really not that bad, and the powerband isnt too surprising, just gotta watch out if climbing big hills (blaster being short), but thats just my opinio...but he is your son so you should know, and anyways nice looking blaster, especially for $900 !!!

hope he likes it.....!!!
    I hope it works out where he handles it pretty good that would be awesome. We'll see... We are going riding this Sunday.

I am a bit familuar with the Blaster brakes, a Blaster was my first quad. I would have to adjust them every ride. I did get a chance to tear into these brakes, I cleaned and greased them up. I'm crossing my fingers. -- Nice looking Blaster btw, I like the 300ex better too, but I couldn't find any cheap enough.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

That thing looks sweet...

440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

i'd go with the blaster myself, but i'm a twostroke guy. They r easy to work on, and easy to make fast. I'd only buy an 03 up model with the hydraulic brakes, bc they work so much better!
    1995 Blaster. Bored .040" , midrange ported, head rechambered, pro series reeds, FMF fatty/Dg silencer, lightened flywheel, +4 timing, Hydro brakes, Lonestar +2 a-arms, Works dual rate G-series shocks, +2 swingarm,. More to come

I'd say 250X/300EX. Easy to find them fairly cheap around my place, lots of parts for them around, lots of aftermarket for them, dead nuts reliable, easy to work on if you have to, and they are about the right size.
    "Hit it again"

Oh man I got a good story... Listen to this...

Ok so that 2002 Blaster has terrible brakes and I thought well, I got a good deal I'll just sell it and get something with hydro brakes. So I start looking on the internet and I find a killer deal, a 2006 Blaster for $1400. I call the guy and tell him I want to come see it.

I go see it and it looks good, but.... It won't start, we check gas and spark and its all good. So we check the compression and it pulls a 40, when it should be like 120. So we figure it needs a top end. I ask the guy if he would take $1300, he says he feels bad I drove all this way and it doesn't start and says he will take $1200! oh yes I want it... SOLD!!!

And get this it came with an extra set of rear tires and rims studded for ice, a gas can full of gas, low pressure tire guage and the stock exhaust cause it has a full Toomey system on it.

It gets better, the 2002 I bought for $900, well I listed that for sale online for $1300 and a guy came and bought it for $1200 within 3 hours of listing it. So after its all been said and done, I basically got a 2006 Blaster with hydro brakes for $900... but it needs a piston... I'm happy as freakin hell.

I'll post some pics of the new Blaster tomarrow...

Ok so that 2002 Blaster has terrible brakes and I thought well, I got a good deal I'll just sell it and get something with hydro brakes. So I start looking on the internet and I find a killer deal, a 2006 Blaster for $1400. I call the guy and tell him I want to come see it.

I go see it and it looks good, but.... It won't start, we check gas and spark and its all good. So we check the compression and it pulls a 40, when it should be like 120. So we figure it needs a top end. I ask the guy if he would take $1300, he says he feels bad I drove all this way and it doesn't start and says he will take $1200! oh yes I want it... SOLD!!!

And get this it came with an extra set of rear tires and rims studded for ice, a gas can full of gas, low pressure tire guage and the stock exhaust cause it has a full Toomey system on it.

It gets better, the 2002 I bought for $900, well I listed that for sale online for $1300 and a guy came and bought it for $1200 within 3 hours of listing it. So after its all been said and done, I basically got a 2006 Blaster with hydro brakes for $900... but it needs a piston... I'm happy as freakin hell.

thats neat
    wish i could find deals like that
    Black 2007 TRX 250EX.....Still.
    1992 Ford Bronco XLT

Nice man a new top end is pretty cheap for a 2stroke.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast