Thread: 1989 LT250S Quad Sport

1989 LT250S Quad Sport

Can anyone provide any information about a 1989 Quad Sport 250? I picked one up last week and finally got it running today. I got it to idle good, but when I give it some throttle input the rpm's don't come back down to where they were originally. I pulled the carb back off, thinking maybe the slide was sticking. Everything appears to be in order. If I pull the decompression lever it will start idling normally again. I have found very little info on these machines through Google so any info that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank You

maybe its somethin easy like throttle cable stickin. try lubricating it with graphite that you blow down cable
    02 440 Cannondale Speed
    08 750 Kawasaki Brute Force
    06 450 Honda R
    Yamaha PW 50
    There is no Theory of Evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live

I did all that. I set the valve lash and kicked it about 3 times and it starts like a champ. It looks like the idle screw is beat up pretty bad, but it's not doing that near as bad now. I must have found the sweet spot. Now if I could only find some plastics. Thanks for your help, I appreciate any good advice that comes my way.

Any chance you can give me the valve lash spec's for the lt250s? would be much appreciated.

Re: 1989 LT250S Quad Sport

Originally posted by drskeens
    Can anyone provide any information about a 1989 Quad Sport 250? I picked one up last week and finally got it running today. I got it to idle good, but when I give it some throttle input the rpm's don't come back down to where they were originally. I pulled the carb back off, thinking maybe the slide was sticking. Everything appears to be in order. If I pull the decompression lever it will start idling normally again. I have found very little info on these machines through Google so any info that anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank You
    I had a 90 250 quad sport with the wide seat for two weeks any way If you hear any noise from the top end CUT IT OFF because mine was making noise like a rocker tapping((just a little louder then normal)) when it quit ((the quad)) come to find out it had drop a valve destroying the top end and knocking a hole in my piston So hope yours last longer then mine