Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blaster, 300ex, 250ex, 250x ... whats the best?

Blaster, 300ex, 250ex, 250x ... whats the best?

If you know of a good one I forgot to mention let me know.

I'm looking for a quad for my 12yr old. Currently hes on a Bayou 220 and he handles that good. But he needs a sport type quad, that Bayou is more of a joke than anything else.

Do you guys have any recommendations, what to go with or what to stay away from?

I'm personally leaning towards a Blaster because its what I started with and I think its a great quad except for the terrible brakes on the older models.

I'm looking at all these types of quads and trying to find the best deal.
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

I think a nice 300ex or 250x woul be a great bike. Many aftermarket parts for them and they are cheap. Plus its a HONDA
    Jesse Peterson #14

1992 Honda trx250sxf. KTM thumper hybrid JB. LSR. ELKA. FULLBORE. AC. TAG
    1996 Honda 300EX, Long Travel!! GDH. SPARKS. UNI. MAIER. TCS. DOUGLAS. MAXXIS (practice quad)
    1999 foreman, 450s
    94 Blaster
    97 z50r..... the PIT BIKE

Thanx to my sponsors

X~stream compsites, Renthal, Mom and Dad

depends on his goals, maturity level, physical strength and size, and skill level already developed

from personal experience, when i was 13 i was convinced that if i get a manual clutch sport quad that i would have a terrible time and stall it every time it moved, i got a 250ex with a sport clutch and now im looking at the 400ex-450R market

not saying in any way that your kid is inmature but it is somthing to look at, becuase that is a big part of why kids get hurt nowadays

also dont get a quad that will overpower him and give him a reasonable chance to get hurt

hondas good for reliablity, i can attest to that, 2.5 years and no problems from it

only thing about a 250ex is the limited mods to do without major $,

your choice, they are all great quads
    Black 2007 TRX 250EX.....Still.
    1992 Ford Bronco XLT

2-stroke.
    If you can't modify it why have it???

Originally posted by jcs003
    2-stroke.
    Yeah 2stroke all way

But a 12yr old doesn't need a blaster. I'd consider a 250ex, there slow turds but, If you can lean how to ride fast on a slow bike/quad, you can master anything.

Well I got a Blaster. I was looking for the best deal I could find and this one was really clean.

I looked at a 2004 Blaster, it was white with new style plastics and hydrolic brakes. But it was beat to crap, plastics had no bolts holding it on, rusty all over and it even ran like crap.. the guy wanted $1300 and would not move off the price. I offered $900.

Then I looked at one more on my way home it was a nice looking, 2002 in blue, a few aftermarket goodies, reeds & exhaust. Pistons and rings replaced a yr ago. Plastics are in good condition, has a graphics kit w/ matching seat cover and hand guards. Guy wanted $1000 I offered $900 and he took it. So I got a pretty sweet Blaster for $900. Only problem is the rear brake needs work, supposibly it just needs pads & someother $5 part but I won't know for sure till I open it up.

I'll post some pics, tomarrow night if anyones interested in what a $900 Blaster looks like?
    440, Ross 11.5:1 piston, Web cam 479 grind, race port & polish, oversized valves, hardened rockers, CRF450 cam chain, 39mm FCR carb, lightened Flywheel, Stock clutch, WB CDI box, K&N filter , WhiteBrothers E-Series full exhaust, Sidewinder Chain, 15/36 gearing, open airbox, LSR Axcaliber +3.5 axle, Houser Racing +2 a-arms, Elka triple rate, fully adjustable front shocks, +1.25 Houser swingarm, Tag Metals X5 bars, Arens +1 steering stem, Muscle steering dampener, Stainless Steel brakelines, HeatSeeker temp. guage, Pro Design kill switch, DG Pro Series nerfs, 8 run Hauler paddles. ~~http://www.sounddomain.com/id/trick440ex~~

.. and to address a few concerns about the 12 almost 13yr old handling the quad. Hes not riding this Blaster yet, I'm still going to make him ride the bayou. I'm only gonna let him ride the Blaster on and off to get the hang of it, but the Bayou is his main quad till I think hes capable of handling the blaster.

Plus the kids been being a brat lately so until that straightens up he can keep on that Bayou. He doesn't even know about the Blaster yet I just bought it a few hours ago I'm gonna keep it a secret as long as I can.

good deal man
    yea, post pics,hide it
    all good

it will make it that much cooler when he actually gets it
    Black 2007 TRX 250EX.....Still.
    1992 Ford Bronco XLT

Here she is.....

And one of the Bayou...

I just showed my kid these picks, He didn't even notice it was our backyard. Ha... then I told him he ain't gonna get quad that nice cause he would probably just crash it.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast