Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whats the best valve clearance for stage 1 HOTCAM ?

whats the best valve clearance for stage 1 HOTCAM ?

intake .004 ? exaust .006 ? this will be a new cam. any pointers ?
    HONDA RULES !!! JE 416 KIT- OMF SCOOPS-39FCR - STAGE 1 HOTCAM - DMC EXAUST - WHITE BROTHERS REV LIMITER - K & N - AC RACING NERF BARS - EBC CLUTHES - RENTHAL HANDLE BARS - ITP T-9 190 WHEELS -SPARKS DEGREE KEY- HONDA ALL THE WAY !!!

.002 on both intake and exhuast.

I dissappointed in you

You on CRACK or are you stupid...
    HONDA 440EX
    12.5:1 Wiseco
    Carrillo Rod
    FDO Heavy duty head studs
    1mm Over Black diamond intake valves
    Black Diamond valve springs/w Titanium retainers
    Port & Polished headwork
    HOTCAMS Stage 2
    High-Rev Box(unlimited)
    Yoshi Pipes
    Edlebrock Quicksilver Carb.
    K&N Filter
    LONESTAR +1 rear axle
    LONESTAR Dual row bearing carrier
    SeVen Racing Oversized Oil Tank/w vents

http://www.geocities.com/frogburner/darins.html

I'd say that unless you have something to contribute, that you're the one on crack. You can't make a statement like that without backing yer ***** up!

--Peace Out
    Go big or Go home

2002 400EX, No Snorkle, WB E-Series, Renthal Bars, Twist Throttle, Holeshots out back, and the need for more power!

Who are you to talk????

Do you think your the king of 400's???? Can you ride or do you even ride,,,, Try it,,, see what that kinda valve clearance will do to ya,,, try it,, I dont want to hear your ***** and I dont think anybody else does either,,, Go ahead and quote me,,,, I'm ready to go riding with ya anytime CHUMP!!!
    HONDA 440EX
    12.5:1 Wiseco
    Carrillo Rod
    FDO Heavy duty head studs
    1mm Over Black diamond intake valves
    Black Diamond valve springs/w Titanium retainers
    Port & Polished headwork
    HOTCAMS Stage 2
    High-Rev Box(unlimited)
    Yoshi Pipes
    Edlebrock Quicksilver Carb.
    K&N Filter
    LONESTAR +1 rear axle
    LONESTAR Dual row bearing carrier
    SeVen Racing Oversized Oil Tank/w vents

http://www.geocities.com/frogburner/darins.html

i believe its .005 intake, and .006 exhaust.

Re: Who are you to talk????

Originally posted by frogburner
    Do you think your the king of 400's???? Can you ride or do you even ride,,,, Try it,,, see what that kinda valve clearance will do to ya,,, try it,, I dont want to hear your ***** and I dont think anybody else does either,,, Go ahead and quote me,,,, I'm ready to go riding with ya anytime CHUMP!!!
    Are you on some power or what? : I didn't claim to know ****, but I do know that if you are going to jump someones case then back it up with information. You can call names all day, but what's the point? The guy asked a question, it got answered by some one, and you jump on here talking a bunch of **** then leave. If you are so damn smart and know the answer, why couldn't you just be helpful and post it rather than spread hate and discontent?

Methinks that someone got dumped on by thier S/O.
    Go big or Go home

2002 400EX, No Snorkle, WB E-Series, Renthal Bars, Twist Throttle, Holeshots out back, and the need for more power!

Re: Re: Who are you to talk????

Originally posted by Desert400EX

Are you on some power or what? : I didn't claim to know ****, but I do know that if you are going to jump someones case then back it up with information. You can call names all day, but what's the point? The guy asked a question, it got answered by some one, and you jump on here talking a bunch of **** then leave. If you are so damn smart and know the answer, why couldn't you just be helpful and post it rather than spread hate and discontent?

Methinks that someone got dumped on by thier S/O.

Well you arent being to damn helful yourself. Predator gave WRONG measurements on purpose and if HOT ROD adusted his valves to .002 like Predator said, then he would have messed up his engine bad. I got Frogburners back on this one. Predator deserves to be yelled at for being so stupid.

i am running .005 intake and .006 exhaust for the stage 2.

i run at high rpm alot and per tony AT hotcam this is what we felt would be the best set up. the stock reccomend .006 and .008 for all out constant racing.

i would go with .004 and .005 or .005 and .006, either one will suit you fine. i would prefer might set up if you are a aggressive rider. the motor will be hottor and this will allow for any clearance issues.

i have 35 hours on mine so far with no probs
    when in doudt, GAS IT!

This is information that was also pertinent to me, which is why I feel the way I do. I have/had no idea what the measurement should be, and therefore, if someone is going to tell me, I'm gonna listen. It's pretty messed up that someone would give bad information, but if you know it's bad, why not post correct information. Otherwise you just sound like an ***.

Thanks for the heads up!

--Phillip
    Go big or Go home

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast