Thread: HMF Optimizer

HMF Optimizer

I've got a Sprot Series HMF and Optimizer on the way. For those who installed the Optimizer are there any experiences you wish to share?
    05/300EX 06/Foreman 07/400EX 08/700XX

Don't use the HMF optimizer. Doesn't tune right. I had to buy the Power Commander III after I dumped the money in the the HMF one.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. The Optimizer should be here any day now so I'll give it a try. I don't plan on additional mods so hopefully it will work. Also, I bought it directly from HMF rather than an ebayer just in case there is a problem.

Straight from HMF or not, you'll soon be trashing the Optimizer for a PC3.
    2008 400EX Red/Black
    Full Yoshimura RS3 Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Sparks Timing Advance Key,Uni Filter, Jetted @152mj-42pj, Choke removed, 13 tooth front sprocket,
    Moose Racing Skid Plates
    426 build has started!!

2008 Honda 700xx Yoshimura RS2, PCIII w/Bo White custom map, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, 13 Tooth Front Sprocket, Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), PRM A-Arm Skids, Pro Armor Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR front/rear, And Much MUCH More To Come...
    Skilled riders only need ground clearance to go anywhere, not 4 wheel drive

2008 Yamaha Wolverine 450 (girl friends ride)
    2010 BMW 135 coupe Monaco Blue/Gray
    1997 Toyota Supra TT
    A few bolts on's and 1,036hp

I have the hmf Optimizer with a full hmf exhaust, and pro flow K&N, it seems to be working fine. It is very easy to put on, it took me about 30 mins from start to finish. I keep reading that the PC III is a lot better but I just dont know if its that much better then the optimizer for it to be worth spending $300 on it and try to get a map for it that works with my quad.

Optimizer

Good to hear, did you use the HMF recommended settings or have to very from them?

I moved all 3 of the settings up .5 so they are at 2/4/4.

I have an HMF slip-on, the Optimizer and a Velocity filter. I have my settings at the pre-set readings. It seems to be running fine to me. I don't get all the hate towards the Dobeck programmers. I suppose if you are going beyond the "big three" mods, maybe you would need to fine tune the EFI? Whatever, all I know is mine works.

So far, I'm with you. After a smooth install I'm heading for St. Joes for the weekend with high expectations.