Thread: oversize gas tanks?

oversize gas tanks?

Hi,
    i am about to buy a new atv i was looking at the outlaw 525 irs and the honda 700xx but i think in the long run i will like the 700xx better the polaris does not have the quality but i was wondering if anyone knows if there is a larger gas tank out there for the 700xx i dont think 3 gallons is gonna last to long

Yes, IMS makes a larger tank for the 700XX.

It's a 4.8 gallon tank.

comes in either black or "nuetral"

FYI the stock tank lasts me 3/4 of a day and I ride pretty hard with a programmer/slipon and filter.

Originally posted by scuzz

FYI the stock tank lasts me 3/4 of a day and I ride pretty hard with a programmer/slipon and filter.
    I think this really depends on where you ride. Out here in the West I can cover over 80 miles in an 1 1/2 hours just taking it easy.

The IMS tank works really well. I was able to prerun my section of the San Felipe 250 and cover over 95 miles just cruising without running out of gas.

Originally posted by J Caster
    I think this really depends on where you ride. Out here in the West I can cover over 80 miles in an 1 1/2 hours just taking it easy.
    Yes, a desert Baja racer I'm not.

I've been debating this mod. I average 500 miles in a weekend and it sucks always needing fuel.
    2008 CanAm Renegade 800X
    2008 Honda TRX700XX
    2009 Honda Rancher 420PG

went down to the dealership today looks like i will have my new 700 sometime next week everyone out there who all ready has one how is the handling? i have heard they have some push at low speeds is this true and if it is whats the cheapest fix

Honestly, it's just that you have to ride it a little different than a SRA. Low speed turns just means you have to lean on the bars and put some weight on the front tires.

Other times you just blip the throttle.