Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: 2009 GNCC Racing Series - Round#3 - Steele Creek ATV Race Coverage

XC2 racer Eric Hoyland finds he likes the podium and intends on being up there each round!

Hoyland finished 3rd in Xc2 and had this to report after the race:

"Coming into Steele Creek, I had a game plan. I wanted to hit the gym hard every day until I left on Friday for the race. But unfortunately, I came down with a cold. So I left the bike maintenance to my dad, and I laid on the couch sick, trying to recover. It was hard to mentally prepare myself, not knowing what my stamina would be like. So once again, I just gave it all I had, and I found myself in second place on the first lap. Then halfway through that lap, I got stuck in the creek crossing and lost a position to Brian Wolf. I stayed in third and held it there until the checkers. It's only my second podium finish, but I have a lot of confidence that I will be back up there after they wave the flag in South Carolina at the Big Buck.

I would like to thank my 2009 sponsors:

Spider Grips, ARS FX, Exit Shocks, Fasst Flexx Bars, Maxxis, HMF, HiPer, O'Neal, Quad Tech, Rekluse, REM Performance, Precision, Prines Powdercoating, Baldwin Motorsports, R.G. Honda, Spy Optic"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News

Brian Wolf would claim the 2nd spot in XC2!

And it would be Josh Kirkland winning the XC2 class!

A big congrats to all the winners and to the racers for providing us with an excellent race! The two weeks will fly by as we get prepped for round #4, "The Big Buck" in Union SC. Will McGill see his goal repeated? Will Cook bring it? Can Borich get back in the mix? With two weeks more rest, can Ballance show us he has a few more wins left?

Hell if I know, but I will be there to capture it all!

Galleries, Results and More!

Awesome Job Pappy!....I know the kid who rolled over in the feild and i couldnt help but laugh at that pic since that is my old Quad. Im gonna have to rely on the innernet for the next couple rounds till Mountain Ridge but from then on im goin all out!

Keep up the Awesome Work
    (2) XC Raptor 700rs- They got some stuff

GNCC #298

Thanks to GT Thunder, Cycra, Spider, Bel-Ray, Fasst co. No Toil, Houser, GBC and HMF!

45 Forever, Ride Proud!

Originally posted by RaptorRacer45
    Awesome Job Pappy!....I know the kid who rolled over in the feild and i couldnt help but laugh at that pic since that is my old Quad. Im gonna have to rely on the innernet for the next couple rounds till Mountain Ridge but from then on im goin all out!

Keep up the Awesome Work
    That dude got SLAMMED!!! Check teh galleries because I got the entire thing, from him hooking the rut to his face getting planted...to him sitting dazed on the sidelines Glad he was ok...

Sucks you wont be racing....but see ya at some point in the woods somewhere

Yeah he was all excited because of the sequence of pics, He about rolled off the top of the mountain in front of me also, he had an eventfull day.....lol, Im just using my 4 throwaway races for the long trips from home. From Mountain Ridge through Ironman i hope to make the rest and end up with 9 total so i can finally earn a number. thats the plan atleast
    (2) XC Raptor 700rs- They got some stuff

GNCC #298

Thanks to GT Thunder, Cycra, Spider, Bel-Ray, Fasst co. No Toil, Houser, GBC and HMF!

45 Forever, Ride Proud!

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920