Thread: 2009 GNCC Racing Series - Round#3 - Steele Creek ATV Race Coverage

Threaded View

XC2 racer Eric Hoyland finds he likes the podium and intends on being up there each round!

Hoyland finished 3rd in Xc2 and had this to report after the race:

"Coming into Steele Creek, I had a game plan. I wanted to hit the gym hard every day until I left on Friday for the race. But unfortunately, I came down with a cold. So I left the bike maintenance to my dad, and I laid on the couch sick, trying to recover. It was hard to mentally prepare myself, not knowing what my stamina would be like. So once again, I just gave it all I had, and I found myself in second place on the first lap. Then halfway through that lap, I got stuck in the creek crossing and lost a position to Brian Wolf. I stayed in third and held it there until the checkers. It's only my second podium finish, but I have a lot of confidence that I will be back up there after they wave the flag in South Carolina at the Big Buck.

I would like to thank my 2009 sponsors:

Spider Grips, ARS FX, Exit Shocks, Fasst Flexx Bars, Maxxis, HMF, HiPer, O'Neal, Quad Tech, Rekluse, REM Performance, Precision, Prines Powdercoating, Baldwin Motorsports, R.G. Honda, Spy Optic"
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Staff Photographer ATVRiders.com
    Senior Photographer ATVInsider
    Staff Photographer GNCC Racing/ATV MX
    Staff Photographer Vurboffroad
    Staff Photographer Cycle News