Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: what to do first

what to do first

I just bought a new raptor 250 for my son. I was just wondering what to do first to make it run faster? He may race it some this summer after he learns how to shift it. Thanks

pipe, air filter and Jet. don't forget nerf bars and a kill switch.
    Proud Father of Tyler Deister #6

2013 EDT National Series CHAMPION 16-24 age class and 4th overall in Production A

2011 EDT National Series CHAMPION x3. schoolboy SR, Schoolboy JR, & 90 Modified

Runner up 2010 EDT National Shoolboy JR.

HONDA TRX450R TT/ Flat Track Sponsors: Motor City Solutions & Deister Racing; Fierce Powersports, RAGE ATV, Rath Racing, Quad tech, SIDI boots.

Special Thanks to Fierce Power Sports for Dyno tuning, see Corey and get that extra HP !

what pipe did you use?

HMF sport full system, nice performace gain w/ the jet.
    it sounds great, pretty loud.

2013 EDT National Series CHAMPION 16-24 age class and 4th overall in Production A

HONDA TRX450R TT/ Flat Track Sponsors: Motor City Solutions & Deister Racing; Fierce Powersports, RAGE ATV, Rath Racing, Quad tech, SIDI boots.

Special Thanks to Fierce Power Sports for Dyno tuning, see Corey and get that extra HP !

What jet size did you go with? Lid on or off? what filter?
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

170 jet, pro design buillit filer, lid on.

100 bones seems pricey but if you can move the main jet that much with the lid on it must do real well. Looks like a cheap uni knock off though so paying 80 bucks for the adapter seems tough to swallow but it looks like it may be worth it.
    The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

It does look like a UNI, you can run the GYTR filter with the adapter. i might get one down the road.
    we are having a blast with this bike, with all the mods we've done he's tearing it at
    local tracks.

what prompted you guys to go with the pro design over the gytr?

the guy I got my pipe from said they just got it in, so of course I had to have it. there is no end. we are getting Elka's next, we were not planning on motocrossing so much but this years TT sechedule is only 6 races. so now we plan on running some select MX events. we got this little raptor going so fast I had to go get a YFZ450 to keep up. I pick it up today @ 2pm I didn't get the R, they had grat deals on the 08's.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast