Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: 2009 AMA ATV Motocross Nationals #2 - Mill Creek - Live ATV Race Coverage (

Originally posted by Cindi
    Thanks. This is another perfect story as I said above. There is always more to a race than people know. Doug has a 12 second lead on everyone and with 3 laps to go his tranny went out. He knew if he shifted he would be done so he left it in 2nd and finished the race. Natalie was the only one that caught him but Doug still got the overall.

He's my Hero to0 :-)

Good Luck to Him at Ballance's this year!!!!! i cant wait!!
    2 09 YFZ450R/X
    2010 YFZ450X BBSE
    http://www.racer-results.net/results...cer.asp?n=1497
    http://escoremx.com/results/atvamx/2...cer.asp?n=5131
    2011 GNCC/EXTREME sponsors:
    GT THUNDER. BNR. HMF. RATH. CYCRA. TROY LEE DESIGNS. SCOTT. FASST. HIPER. PRECISION.

I am purty sure i said that i love Doug and zook wouldn't be where they are today without him (translation-development of the ltr450 and the zook racing team accomplishments). I was simply asking if anyone could explain why zook dumped chad and kept Doug on as a full time racer. My reasons for asking that is because Chad is much younger then Doug and he will be retiring from full time racing soon, i think. I was not aware of Doug's contract or making any judgement of his abilities on the track. He is a great racer and he may keep running til he's 50, but who knows. Maybe Chad was fishing for another deal during the winter, but i don't know and that's why i was asking. Was the 3 rider team taxing them financially or are they looking to lock Wimmer to a huge deal when Doug retires and focusing on a one person team? Sorry if i offended anyone, but how do these questions make me an idiot or a Doug hater???

Originally posted by yfz162
    I am purty sure i said that i love Doug and zook wouldn't be where they are today without him (translation-development of the ltr450 and the zook racing team accomplishments). I was simply asking if anyone could explain why zook dumped chad and kept Doug on as a full time racer. My reasons for asking that is because Chad is much younger then Doug and he will be retiring from full time racing soon, i think. I was not aware of Doug's contract or making any judgement of his abilities on the track. He is a great racer and he may keep running til he's 50, but who knows. Maybe Chad was fishing for another deal during the winter, but i don't know and that's why i was asking. Was the 3 rider team taxing them financially or are they looking to lock Wimmer to a huge deal when Doug retires and focusing on a one person team? Sorry if i offended anyone, but how do these questions make me an idiot or a Doug hater???
    I never said you were a Doug hater. When I was making my comments I wasn't just commenting on your post. You post was about the shocks and I was making a joke. I really did run his shocks though. :-)

Doug did have a contract with Suzuki and Chad didn't. Also Factories don't always take the fastest and the youngest riders. A factory looks at how they can advertise. It is advertising that sells bikes, it helps when the riders is winning like Dustin but even though Dustin is winning more people still know Doug. Anybody that knows ATV's knows who Doug Gust is. Dustin, Chad, Josh and some of the rest are newbies to the industry and are still kinda unknown. Not, that people have no clue who they are they just have not proven themselves yet like Doug, Byrd, Natalie and Goodman. The guys that have been around when ATV's were nothing.

Sometimes when I make my comments I am just trying to get people to look at the big picture. There is so much that goes on that people don't even think about. Such as Kawi and Chad. Everyone is pointing fingers to the motor. Well, Ryan is one of the best around, look at what he did for Suzuki. Sometimes it is the wrong set up, sometimes it is the rider and sometimes it is just a problem with other things. You can't just point the finger at the motor.

Yeah your right look at honda,s first year ,farr didn,t even get a top tenth finish the entire year(farrs worst year) if im correct .honda,s had there first year problems as well !

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425