Thread: Power Commander III

Power Commander III

Looking into getting a Power Commander. Got full HMF exhaust with a uni air filter. I bought the HMF tuner, and it blows, they tell me what it should be set at, I do it, it doesn't run right.

So I was wondering if anyone has a similar set up, and where they got there commander and if they have the maps. I was looking at going through Fuel Moto. Please give feed back

Thanks!

I believe fuelmoto will load a map for you if you tell them what you have done to the bike. The PCIII is the only way to go when it comes to programmers.
    2008 400EX Red/Black
    Full Yoshimura RS3 Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Sparks Timing Advance Key,Uni Filter, Jetted @152mj-42pj, Choke removed, 13 tooth front sprocket,
    Moose Racing Skid Plates
    426 build has started!!

2008 Honda 700xx Yoshimura RS2, PCIII w/Bo White custom map, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, 13 Tooth Front Sprocket, Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), PRM A-Arm Skids, Pro Armor Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR front/rear, And Much MUCH More To Come...
    Skilled riders only need ground clearance to go anywhere, not 4 wheel drive

2008 Yamaha Wolverine 450 (girl friends ride)
    2010 BMW 135 coupe Monaco Blue/Gray
    1997 Toyota Supra TT
    A few bolts on's and 1,036hp

PCiii vs. FMF pwr performance and others

Originally posted by sprayedgt
    I believe fuelmoto will load a map for you if you tell them what you have done to the bike. The PCIII is the only way to go when it comes to programmers.
    Why is the pciii the only way to go? How is it different from the fmf and other efi programmers?
    Aliens can blend, right on in with your kin, so look again.

I talked to the guy at fuel moto and he said the HMF tuner you can't adjust the "lean" of the quad. Plus I bought the HMF tuner and it has never worked right.

You have more adjustments and fine tuning possibilities with the PC3 than with the others. Do some research and you'll see a lot of people that went the cheaper route and got a FMF, HMF, EHS or other EFI programmer end up ditching them for a PC3 because of the problems that arise. The original poster is using a HMF programmer with an HMF exhaust and his bike still won't run right. The reason being is regardless of the name they are ALL made by Dobeck. The only one that is not made by them is the Power Commander.
    2008 400EX Red/Black
    Full Yoshimura RS3 Carbon Fiber Exhaust, Sparks Timing Advance Key,Uni Filter, Jetted @152mj-42pj, Choke removed, 13 tooth front sprocket,
    Moose Racing Skid Plates
    426 build has started!!

2008 Honda 700xx Yoshimura RS2, PCIII w/Bo White custom map, UNI Filter, EHS Lid, 13 Tooth Front Sprocket, Pro Armor Pro XC Bumper (BIGGEST P.O.S EVER MADE), PRM A-Arm Skids, Pro Armor Chassis/Swing Arm Skids, Maxxis RAZR front/rear, And Much MUCH More To Come...
    Skilled riders only need ground clearance to go anywhere, not 4 wheel drive

2008 Yamaha Wolverine 450 (girl friends ride)
    2010 BMW 135 coupe Monaco Blue/Gray
    1997 Toyota Supra TT
    A few bolts on's and 1,036hp